Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My First First

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for posting this - I have my First First on 10th January and I'm so excited too (I'm flying in the other direction - LHR to JNB). It's lovely to read an unjaded review!
Tobias-UK and eugegall like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

"I was unsure whether to raise this or not but seeing as Jessica was so open with me and we had a great conversation about her past I felt it would be ok to discuss it. Jessica is a transgender who joined BA 3 years ago. Before that she was an RAC mechanic for 30 years! Jessica was a little rough around the edges as you would expect from someone who was a mechanic for 30 years but honestly, she was great. She was very attentive and offered good chat and I really couldn’t ask for more!"

Brilliant... one of my favorite paragraphs of any TR I have ever read. Thanks. So glad to see evidence that neanderthal/troglodyte attitudes are beginning to fade, replaced by understanding, empathy and compassion. I hope I get Jessica on our next First in April.

Last edited by david55; Dec 23, 2018 at 11:35 am
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Smile First First

Happy to hear your First First was so satisfying. Also glad to see any post from a distant relative.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have my first BA F in a couple of weeks. LHR PHX in an elderly 747. Having just experienced Qsuites with QR and having flown F with TG and LH - and reading these boards - I’m fully expecting to be underwhelmed. The very definition of a first world problem.
Shame it’s T3, as I’ve never been in the CCR. The CX lounge seems to be the best option.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by wyddfa
I have my first BA F in a couple of weeks. LHR PHX in an elderly 747. Having just experienced Qsuites with QR and having flown F with TG and LH - and reading these boards - I’m fully expecting to be underwhelmed. The very definition of a first world problem.
Shame it’s T3, as I’ve never been in the CCR. The CX lounge seems to be the best option.
I find the CX F lounge preferable to the BA CCR in T5, so you shouldn't be disappointed. The BA CCR, whilst it has a half-decent menu but average execution, is not a truly premium place (despite what some people on here like to think).

I too have a BA F in a couple of days and I know what to expect, and largely it is crew dependent - can be anywhere from very good to a disaster. It will not be anything close to your TG and LH F sectors. I do find the BA F seat good (for both lounging and sleeping), but good soft product on top of that I view as a bonus.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by stevie
Very funny about the mechanic. Glad you enjoyed the flight.
Chances also are that since Jessica came on board with BA instances of compensation due to J/F seat failures have decreased!
tapuach and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by rossmacd
The BA CCR, whilst it has a half-decent menu but average execution, is not a truly premium place (despite what some people on here like to think).
I'm glad someone knows what's right for all of us!
rofl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.