Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Manners are going downhill

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
well, as a detractor--in the T3 FL...it isn't as though tables are plenty and if i find an empty seat with a side table that has not been cleared--i will move it to a table between two empty seats.

and if it were busy and a lack of table space nearby...yeah, this wouldn't really disturb me much. and this was in the biz lounge...meanwhile in the flounge, do the attendants even exist anymore to clear anything, let alone to ask someone to clear something???
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Temps
After sitting in the terminal with a group on the now delayed cus something drive into it Manchester flight, the b lounge is a pure oasis of calm.

Just about to go get a massage.
Huh? Who was cussing?

Do you mean ‘Because’? Jesus, people need to learn how to speak again. All this wonderful technology has dumbed everyone down to sounding like they never made it past second grade.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by cslovacek

Huh? Who was cussing?

Do you mean ‘Because’? Jesus, people need to learn how to speak again. All this wonderful technology has dumbed everyone down to sounding like they never made it past second grade.
I think they meant "use the lounge at the B gates"
aidy likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Silver

Huh?
Thank goodness some people still know how to write coherently!
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat

Huh? Who was cussing?

That must have ruined Christmas for you. Please accept my apologies. Looked fine without my glasses on.
Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Lefly
I like to clean after myself too, but I have to say sometimes there is no place where leave dishes, glasses, etc.
I would like lounges to have a specific collect point/cart... it would be easier for both staff and customers.

That said, rude people is everywhere, be in a lounge, on a train, on the road and so on.
Exactly this. I would happily clear away after myself, but where to? Presumably they wouldn't appreciate me barging into the kitchen with my plates and other debris!
Crampedin13A, LTN Phobia and Lefly like this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
After a glass or two of wine, I am quite happy to clear up and to take it in to the kitchens and thank them for their food and booze. SWMBO thinks I am mad. However, I often get a smile from staff.
argonath and flying4workNfun like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:43 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
Why not just move it back to their table?
Having asked them first to move it back, that is exactly what I would have done if they refused. Only way many people like this learn a few basic manners.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
While I understand where your coming from unfortunately I would side with the Op in the sense these types of things seem more and more common than they used to be. While not everyones experience will be the same I do fell manners and general giving thought for fellow travellers is certainly getting worse over the years! It isn't a new slope, its one that started many years ago in y opinion and isn't limited to travelling!

Well done to the Op for not simply moving it all back!
People often think things are getting worse despite all evidence showing the opposite - it wouldn't surprise me if that's the case here. There's probably a name for it as well!
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by BOH
Having asked them first to move it back, that is exactly what I would have done if they refused. Only way many people like this learn a few basic manners.
Do you dream about doing this in your head but don't actually do it? I find it incredibly hard to believe the people would learn anything at all from that, and if the attitude described is accurate, would probably just create a conflict.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Dec 26, 2018 at 5:25 am
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Stay civil towards others please, or you will cause the thread to be closed, which would be rather discourteous and quite selfish to inflict upon others.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
BOH and Row9 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Its typical of everyday life I'm afraid. Everything is downhill.
​​​​​​The iPhone generation stuggle to look beyond themselves. Everything is done for how they look. A sorry state of affairs. Anything questioned is 'shaming'. Yes, things are going backwards, even in the lounge. Decency is rare it seems.
lhrpete, BOH and BlueThroughCrimp like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:27 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by callum9999
Do you dream about doing this in your head but don't actually do it? I find it incredibly hard to believe the people would learn anything at all from that, and if the attitude described is accurate, would probably just create a conflict.
I would absolutely do it - see an earlier thread from around September when I happily stood up to someone hogging something in the T5 lounge to the exclusion of all other passengers in the vicinity. It is the only language some selfish oafs understand and am a firm believer if more people stood up to these individuals they might just modify their behaviour and realise there are other people on the planet apart from themselves.

I have never been involved in a conflict either with anyone. I think they maybe realised they were doing wrong and it took another person to take a firm line. More should stand up to people like this, I really recommend it. Happy Christmas ^
BlueThroughCrimp and argonath like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BOH
Happened to me in October 2018 in LHR T5 First. Got back to my solo seat after getting drinks refresh to find my seats adjacent table full of rubbish from previously recently vacated opposite pair of seats. I simply picked up and moved back to the ignorant/selfish pair who dumped on me. Their faces were quite annoyed, but they said nothing to me as they obviously knew I was well aware what they just did
Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by BOH
I would absolutely do it - see an earlier thread from around September when I happily stood up to someone hogging something in the T5 lounge to the exclusion of all other passengers in the vicinity. It is the only language some selfish oafs understand and am a firm believer if more people stood up to these individuals they might just modify their behaviour and realise there are other people on the planet apart from themselves.

I have never been involved in a conflict either with anyone. I think they maybe realised they were doing wrong and it took another person to take a firm line. More should stand up to people like this, I really recommend it. Happy Christmas ^
Your not going to change someone's behaviour by sitting back and let them continue on...110 % as above poster has said.

Last edited by argonath; Dec 26, 2018 at 9:33 am Reason: Missed a bit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.