Wiki Posts
Search

15 minute + queue at First Wing security

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
15 minute + queue at First Wing security

Leave extra time if you’re in a hurry today!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tremendous. Already had an involuntary seat shift and consequent failure of OLCI so a queuing mess would really help an already tedious BA experience.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:24 am

With respect, anyone traveling on the busiest Winter day of the year should be allowing extra time to pass through security. First Wing or not, the airport is busy today.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Vgravity
Leave extra time if you’re in a hurry today!

Thanks for the heads up @Vgravity. How we've been spoilt by the First Wing that we need the 15 minute warning
In this season of Goodwill, credit where it's due, First Wing has to be one of BA's better ideas in recent years!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:42 am
Original Poster

According to the LHR Security Manager on duty BA will only pay for one security lane in the F Wing at weekends, regardless of passenger numbers.
orbitmic and woglet86 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by charlieboy77
With respect, anyone traveling on the busiest Winter day of the year should be allowing extra time to pass through security. First Wing or not, the airport is busy today.
You should always allow extra time for everything, but we all know sometimes it doesn’t work out like that!
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gcuk
Thanks for the heads up @Vgravity. How we've been spoilt by the First Wing that we need the 15 minute warning
In this season of Goodwill, credit where it's due, First Wing has to be one of BA's better ideas in recent years!
It’s true. I’m too used to waltzing straight through.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
I've just come through. Check in agent advised going back to South security and the guy dealing with Fast Track there recommended shifting left to the usual lines. No real queue at all - through in a couple of minutes. So unless you are one of those who thinks your eligibility for the First Wing means you must use it at all costs, there is no real problem right now (apart from having to be near ordinary people, of course, for those who find this idea horrifying...).
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Tremendous. Already had an involuntary seat shift and consequent failure of OLCI so a queuing mess would really help an already tedious BA experience.
Crisis as traveller has to queue for 15 mins on busiest day of the year.
Cotumely, Discus, cruisr and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
*My heart bleeds! Here, let me play a soothing song.

*From a jealous traveller who has never used the First wing. Ignore me, I'm just a grump!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
But at least once you’re through the truly horrendous rigours of F wing, the lounge will be an oasis of calm and serenity (won’t it .... ??)
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simons1
I did say tedious rather than crisis 😉 I’ve had a run of good BA experiences this year and would like this one not to revert to the 2017 version.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CCayley
there is no real problem right now (apart from having to be near ordinary people, of course, for those who find this idea horrifying...).
Yes but having to mix with ordinary happy people is not an advertised benefit of First class or Gold status.
kosy91 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by simons1
Snide millennial comments aside, anyone who spends thousands a year with a company then it is quite rightl to complain.
As stated it was the busiest day of the year- but predictably so.
BA and Heathrow should be staffed for it. No excuses.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by CCayley
I've just come through. Check in agent advised going back to South security and the guy dealing with Fast Track there recommended shifting left to the usual lines. No real queue at all - through in a couple of minutes. So unless you are one of those who thinks your eligibility for the First Wing means you must use it at all costs, there is no real problem right now (apart from having to be near ordinary people, of course, for those who find this idea horrifying...).
But then you had just to turn right after security, I guess...?
"Simple" golds have to go down, walk along the shops and go up again to reach GF...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.