Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

MMB Now Shows Upgraded Cabin to First from CLUB

Old Dec 22, 18, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Hey all thanks for all your help so far....ok so weirdly I phoned BA gold line yesterday to re confirm my flights for an upcoming trip to the West cost of USA early Jan....i did ask the agent what the price or avios was for an upgrade to first.....currently paid PE then UUA to Club so I knew it wasn't possible to upgrade again, the agent said he was new and came back with a comment of 'will be around 5k' I declined and said you can always change it for me haha!!

Anyway - woke up this morning logged in and I now see that one sector to be In first!!!! My question is this possible? Also I had 10a in club so obviously would loose my seat let alone its my birthday on the travel day and hotels and other things have been booked so didn't want to turn up to the airport and have an issue etc.

Any advice would be useful please - shall I phone and re confirm or keep quiet and its all good

Thanks

Egbg100
Old Dec 22, 18, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
The agent would have had to move you to first to price up the upgrade... so would expect this to revert back at some point.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 22, 18, 2:27 am
Original Poster

He did say to quote it he would need to go back to PE (original ticket) then price it up from there involving a refund of avios etc seemed too much hassle so declined.
Old Dec 22, 18, 2:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
It’s likely they have altered the booking as part of pricing the change. However, they may not have reverted the booking back to the original, which is why it is currently showing as F. I would not expect this to stick. You may want to phone if you are keen to ensure you get your choice of J seats. However, you could always leave it and see what happens.

I have the same for a flight in June, so just leaving it as happy to take a chance. I suspect it will revert back to Y at some point.

Old Dec 22, 18, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have an idea how long it may take to go back, im tempted to risk it
Old Dec 22, 18, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
I really wouldn't. Although it's been known to happen BA don't tend to give out F for no good reason. If your original CW seats are preferred, best to keep those and enjoy the flight in J, no?
Old Dec 22, 18, 3:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Egbg100 View Post
Does anyone have an idea how long it may take to go back, im tempted to risk it
The answer to that is at some point before OLCI, since if it's not done by then, you won't be be able to OLCI. Some people do get proactive upgrades for various reasons, but given the background here, this isn't going to happen. Your best bet is to ask about AUP at the airport, and there is a thread in the Dashboard about airport upgrades.
Old Dec 22, 18, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Ok - spoke to them, 40 mins later and agent error - booked back in club and same seats!! not sure what would of happened in the airport - who knows might get an op up - first cabin did look empty when i saw my 'new seats'

Thanks
Old Dec 22, 18, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Do people normally phone to reconfirm flights?
I've never done so in all my years of flying
Old Dec 22, 18, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EP 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I do call up if something in my reservation looks squirrely. Between upgrades (mostly AA) and rickety ticketing infrastructure (mostly BA) this happens from time to time.
Old Dec 22, 18, 1:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by anniegray View Post
Do people normally phone to reconfirm flights?
I've never done so in all my years of flying
There are some parts of Asia and Africa you still need to reconfirm flights, along with some services for very isolated communities. But BA specifically says you no longer need to do so. It did live on for BA departures from Saudi Arabia and Libya until about 10 years ago, partly to do with local computer issues, and before that ex mainland China, but they have all gone now. I'm assuming the OP just used this as a hook to start an informal discussion on upgrades.
anniegray likes this.