Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

You First...or You "don't really matter once we have your money"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You First...or You "don't really matter once we have your money"?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by bonoglobetrotter

well done. some are more “first” then others clearly. wonder how much William and Kate were offered when their F IFE failed Lax-Lhr (which they reportedly declined)? Anyone know? 😎

I believe they were offered the required amount of Avios needed to reach the small island in the Maldives they were also offered 6 times a year ( tongue firmly in cheek)
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The only time BA lost a bag of ours when flying in F we were paged at EZE. We were then given a generous amount of money by the BA representative at the airport. Our delayed bag was couriered by taxi to our front door 160km from EZE within the next day or two.
The wife's clothes were in the other five bags which arrived on the belt, the missing one had my junk in it....however she spent the money.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I hope the OP now has their luggage back!

For anyone looking for info / for future reference, there is some info here on ba.com
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ggage-problems.

It would be good if the App could flag missing baggage and allow you to file a PIR.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:50 pm

KevinM99:
"Eventually, having gone through, and spoken to BA checkin staff, they directed me to Menzies Aviation, who I had zero knowledge of, and there was certainly no big neon sign saying “BA lost luggage department”...I now know who to go to at EDI should it happen again, but there was zero assistance available, and no one to ask...Great if you knew these things, but not so good if this was your first experience of luggage problems at EDI after 5:30pm."

Glad you have resolved some of the issues. The first time I had luggage delayed at Edinburgh airport, I had a similar effort to find Lost Luggage. Improving signage would certainly help direct passengers and reduce stress. Menzies Aviation turned out to be excellent with very nice staff. Luggage was delivered to our home (a long distance away) the following day. You First is hit and miss, in my experience. Sometimes they have given me incorrect information or taken ages to get simple details sorted out. Some staff are terrific - others lacking. You First is yet another area within British Airways that lacks consistent service.

​​​​​​Binman:
"not in my experience. At best they can book the spa and that’s generally a task they struggle with!"

This is a good example of things that should not be this difficult to book - for staff and passengers. The Elemis experience is a pretty poor one for F passengers.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
With the only issue of moment, the missing bag (the rest is best dealt with through a written form submission as it does not require immediate action), the best approach for OP is the same as on BA or any carrier which feeds WorldTracer. Report the bag missing at EDI. Obtain a WorldTracer number and then update yourself online.

When you call BA, you are speaking to someone who has access to the same information you do. Nobody is looking for the bag. Unless it has been destroyed or stolen, it will turn up on a cart, someone will look at the tag and route the bag to EDI. It is very helpful to know that the bag is at LHR and was not incorrectly loaded and sent off in error to any other place BA serves from LHR.

As to the broader issue, BA is more stovepiped than AA. As a CK / EXP, one would be routed to a more senior agent who has more knowledge and likely more training and thus knows who to call. Any AA agent can actually do this for you but may simply not have the experience to get to the bottom of an issue. Hopefully as BA rolls out its new scheme to empower staff wandering around LHR, those staff, armed with a tablet, will be able to either help or find help.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:55 pm

Just to record the consistent inconsistencies of BA Customer Relations, we were offered 20k Avios each for the IFE failure on our LAX-LHR (GGL in F).
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

You appear to have issues at every turn with BA, perhaps it’s time for you to take your business elsewhere? If I had routinely suffered the same service failures you appear to attract there is no way in hell I would be giving them any more money.

I’ve been GGL since the very first day it was introduced, and I am pleased to say that I have received nothing but exceptional service from the GGL team. I cannot think of a single ocaision where they have let me down or failed to assist.
i am really pleased you get great service and as a GGL so you should.

Iam a lowly gold, sometime silver and occasionally bronze. I don’t get great service and when things go south as they did in the summer, I would like someone to have some empathy, authority and knowledge to get things fixed. I didn’t get that just one .... up after another even when paying out over a grand in fees. Even Cruz’s office were a pointless waste of time and when they had to repay almost £1000 it was without apology and with appalling bad grace.

As for taking business elsewhere, it not that easy when living 30 minutes from LHR and having invested over 30 years in flying the flag, and a little matter of a lack of genuine competition given IB EI JL AY AA are all in cahoots with BA.

But you are right it’s time to change - so this years long haul is on another airline and alliance altogether.

I am currently on a TP run to retain gold as it’s worth more on Oneworld than BA and having just flown AA ex T3 I can again state that they wipe the floor with BA on every level in the air. T3 lounge is awful but the CX haven of peace and tranquility is available where the welcome is warm, genuine and gracious. Quite unlike T5! The food is on an altogether different level. Of course this is not now limited to CX. Both the flagship lounge in JFK and here in MIA are superb. Spotlessly clean toilets and showers, good food, excellent bar staff and so much better than Galleries First and indeed the CCR with their grubby toilets and facilities. I will be posting some images of the BA lavies in The Flounge when I get back. It is 3rd world!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.