Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Maximizing the value of a BA Companion Award eVoucher flying out of Canada?

Maximizing the value of a BA Companion Award eVoucher flying out of Canada?

Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:20 am

Does anyone know if the method of " Can I book my outbound flight at 355 days and call back to add the return booking?" like folks do for many of the other credit card vouchers, applies to the RBC companion voucher as well ?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Does anyone know if
I would imagine so, since it works for the Chase voucher, and the same agents take US/Canadian calls.
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Air Canada 25K, Accorhotel Gold
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Does anyone know if the method of " Can I book my outbound flight at 355 days and call back to add the return booking?" like folks do for many of the other credit card vouchers, applies to the RBC companion voucher as well ?
I can confirm that this method does work based on a recent trip with my wife, albeit booked in May and June 2018. We went Vancouver to London, the next day (7hrs later) London to Mauritius. Then three weeks later Cape Town to London and then London to Vancouver. I called in at T-355 days for each of these, so four separate phone calls. I only had enough Avios for one of us to make the trip, so I believe The phone in method was the only one available to me.

If you have enough points for both of you (allowing on-line booking), then you would sign in online at T -355, on each of the four days and book each segment. Then you would call in indicating you have the voucher, and they give you back half the points and adjust any taxes, landing fees etc. (connecting through London incurs much lower landing fees if you are transiting on within 24hrs - not sure if successive on-line bookings can handle this)

If you are booking a Canada to London return (no onward), then two phone calls required, or online booking twice. The online method definitely gives you the better chance of getting treasured/scarce seats, as the North American call centre close precisely before the seats are released at T-355 each day
lsquare and YYCCL3 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.