Confused about a flight delay message

Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Confused about a flight delay message

So I just randomly logged into the BA app as Im flying out in the early morning hours of December 21 and I see this message (hoping the picture uploaded properly)

my connecting flight to YYZ isnt until 17:05 from LHR so Im not worried about that but really spending the night sitting in CAI airport isnt exactly what I want to do.... but I have no contact from BA directly (just the standard its time to check in for your flight)

I thought Id post here for any advice or even sympathy at this point.... I just feel so damn lost.

Last edited by expateacher; Dec 20, 2018 at 1:33 am
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:28 am

The picture hasn't loaded, so you'll need to tell us what it says and then I'm sure someone will be able to help.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:33 am
Original Poster

yes I just was able to edit the post and put the picture in it, thank you
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:39 am

Ah, there it is

Well, the official advice is to get there as normal. If the delay is caused by late inbound aircraft then you *may* consider turning up later as you can track the arrival time of the aircraft. They're not going to magic another plane up in Cairo. That said, it is your risk and if you have checked bags they may close checkin at the usual time so bear that in mind.

Otherwise, it may be a case of just suck it up. Sometimes delays can disappear as quickly as they appear.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Yeah Ill keep watching all day but currently the flight to CAI is set to arrive on time... so Im not even sure where this delay is coming from
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I have a feeling the delay will disappear.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I really wish that BA didn’t send this sort of alert they appear to confuse more than inform!

i had an alert last night for my flight later today - your flight is delayed but we don’t know by how much - but this morning it had disappeared. I’m savvy enough to be fairly relaxed about it but not all passengers are.

I wonder how many phone calls from confused passengers there are that could be avoided by BA not sending these notifications out until a delay has been confirmed.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Okay appreciating the input...
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:29 am
vga

Programs: yes
I feel the page of the picture is not completely loaded!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Info like this may show if the aircraft that was scheduled to operate that flight got delayed on a way. In most cases, aircrafts are swapped and flight is on time. Had it from Gevena on Monday. Delay showing in the morning, aircraft delayed on LGW-AMS-LGW route but was later swapped for different one and it was on time. It even arrived 20 minutes early at Gatwick.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
My flight from GLA to LGW this Saturday is showing as delayed on the app because the aircraft is supposed to be flying to Algiers at the moment but has not get left LGW. Assuming the runway reopens before Saturday then I suspect this delay will vanish. You may find something similar happens to your booking.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I see the aircraft scheduled to for your flight was a couple of hours behind schedule coming in from Moscow and then later cairo yesterday. this delay may have been being reflected on your app, the software is really simple!!

however the aircraft was on time to Moscow today to the delay may now have gone from your app
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Yeah I followed the plane a bit to see if there were any delays... but my app still has the delay showing... Im just going to keep watching it
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:39 am
Original Poster

I just got an email from BA that was 1 sentence. And just said your flight is significantly delayed please keep checking for flight information.

Going back a few days it appears that the Wednesday flight got really messed up? Not sure if this could be the consequence of that...
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Received a confirmation email that the flight is st 7:00 am and airport check in ends at 6:00 am... problem is I got the email when I was already at the airport... flight isnt even on the screen yet so I assume I have at least 2-3 hours before check in opens... Im spent

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.