AA Basic Economy TATL on BA Metal

Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
AA Basic Economy TATL on BA Metal

Hi all,
I've found myself with a week to spare in January and am thinking of a quick US East Coast visit.
I'm looking at fares via Amex travel (£50 back offer has returned) and have noticed that for flights to BOS, there is a saving of about £20 by booking AA Basic Economy over BA HBO on the same (BA metal) flights.
I'm BA silver, am I right in assuming that if I went ahead with the AA ticket I'd still have:
No checked baggage, but:
Free seat selection at any time
Lounge Access
(Slightly better)/Priority Boarding
... as I would with a pure BA HBO ticket?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere!
Cheers
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
For these unbundled fares the operating carrier applies the rules so you are correct that BA will allow seat selection according to status but no checked bag. AA would allow a OWS 2 checked bags but no free seat selection.

https://www.britishairways.com/asset...e-guide_en.pdf

Edit: Here is the thread where this has been discussed if you need more information: AA/BA/AY/IB Long Haul basic unbundled / HBO fares announced
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Fantastic!
Thanks very much

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.