Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA's IT strikes again ! [Baggage email months after cancellation]

Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer

Had to laugh today.

Received an email today headed "Important information about your BA828 flight to Dublin...".

Just a couple of problems with it:
  1. It wasn't important, just a plea to consider checking in my carry-on
  2. The reservation in question was cancelled on 15th Jan i.e. over 11 months ago
I understand that bulk emails can be hard to get right, but it's not as if they would have had to rush at updating the file, is it ?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
Had to laugh today.

Received an email today headed "Important information about your BA828 flight to Dublin...".

Just a couple of problems with it:
  1. It wasn't important, just a plea to consider checking in my carry-on
  2. The reservation in question was cancelled on 15th Jan i.e. over 11 months ago
I understand that bulk emails can be hard to get right, but it's not as if they would have had to rush at updating the file, is it ?
When is travel? I suspect if a refund was given a ghost flight sector was created to keep the booking ‘live’
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

When is travel? I suspect if a refund was given a ghost flight sector was created to keep the booking ‘live’
Today apparently - not sure why life support would be necessary when it was cancelled and refunded last January ?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
Obviously this shouldn't happen, but I think that when cancelling a booking, agents sometimes change the date to some random future date just so the booking still exists for long enough for the refund to be issued.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fruitcage
Obviously this shouldn't happen, but I think that when cancelling a booking, agents sometimes change the date to some random future date just so the booking still exists for long enough for the refund to be issued.
Hah, I hadn't considered that possibility

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.