FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Codeshares, a reference guide - MMB, OLCI, boarding passes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1946337-codeshares-reference-guide-mmb-olci-boarding-passes.html)

corporate-wage-slave Dec 17, 2018 2:18 pm

Codeshares, a reference guide - MMB, OLCI, boarding passes

I thought it would be worthwhile to record what should be possible in terms of online management of codeshares. Some you can manipulate online, some you can't. So here is a guide for what you can expect in terms of online management when you book a codeshare, sold as British Airways, but operated by another airline.

Some specifications to begin with. We need to see this as a best case scenario, so I'm looking for
- 125 plated, so a BA ticket, and all BA.com and contact centre bookings end up on a 125 ticket.
- a true codeshare, so Sold As BAnnnn. It is possible to buy tickets in prime flight number of other airlines but these may well follow different rules.
- This don't apply to wet leases such as Titan or Air Belgium (which are fully manageable via MMB in any case)
- ideally a fairly simple booking, so one or two sectors rather than some epic TP Run.
- recent: I've seen these things change over the years, so Cathay have sometimes allowed OLCI, sometimes not. It's difficult to track it down with precision, but my suspicion is that it doesn't take a lot for online management to fall over, so recency has value.

Loganair (LM)
Codeshares over the UK, some standalone, but mostly in conjunction with connecting flights to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Manchester.
Booking: can be purchased online

MMB: flights visible
Possible to see allocated seat: Yes (automatically assigned)
Possible to see seat plan: No
Possible to change seat online: No
Online check- in on BA: Yes
Online boarding pass on BA: Yes: self printed, email and Save options
BA App boarding pass:No.
Booking visible on LM website: No
Seat management on LM website: No
Online check-in on LM website: No

Any other recent experiences?

rossmacd Dec 17, 2018 3:33 pm

AA services sold as BA codeshares on 125 stock:

Possible to see allocated seat: Yes (after you assign it on AA.com)
Possible to see seat plan: Yes, on AA.com
Possible to change seat online: Yes, on AA.com
BA App boarding pass: Yes (not 100%)
Booking visible on AA website: Yes, but using Sabre PNR
Seat management on LM website: Yes
Online check-in on LM website: No

squawk Dec 17, 2018 4:27 pm

This seems like it could become an excellent resource for those of us less familiar with these things. Thanks @corporate-wage-slave for starting this off, and @rossmacd for your additions.

Would it be worth turning this into a Wiki, adding a link from the Dashboard, and organising/formatting as needed? Happy to chip in and help with the latter, as it’s about the only thing I can usefully contribute on this topic!

corporate-wage-slave Dec 18, 2018 2:16 am

Originally Posted by squawk (Post 30546663)
Would it be worth turning this into a Wiki, adding a link from the Dashboard, and organising/formatting as needed? Happy to chip in and help with the latter, as it’s about the only thing I can usefully contribute on this topic!

Feel free to help in anyway you can, the best FT information threads are where multiple contributors have worked together, in my view.

This is likely to be a slow burn thread as the information builds up over time, but there's no harm in that.

rossmacd Dec 18, 2018 2:20 am

AY services sold as BA codeshares on 125 stock:

Possible to see allocated seat: Yes (after you assign it on AY.com, using the same PNR, although you may have to use the Webchat function to get a seat assigned if it is not possible)
Possible to see seat plan: Yes, but if not, QR.com can make it visible
Possible to change seat online: Yes, on AY.com directly on the seat map, or via the Webchat function. If that fails, try QR.com
BA App boarding pass: Yes (not 100% I understand)
Booking visible on AY website: Yes, now using the same BA PNR (it used to be a separate PNR but they have now aligned this)
Seat management on AY website: Yes, see above
Online check-in on AY website: Yes

rossmacd Dec 18, 2018 2:22 am

QR services sold as BA codeshares on 125 stock:

Possible to see allocated seat: Yes, on QR.com/QR app
Possible to see seat plan: Yes, on QR.com/QR app
Possible to change seat online: Yes, on QR.com/QR app
BA App boarding pass: Yes, if the airport is mobile app enabled
Booking visible on QR website: Yes
Seat management on QR website: Yes, see above
Online check-in on QR website: Yes, but most likely on BA.com/BA app if connecting from a BA service first

florens Dec 18, 2018 2:36 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 30548073)
AY services sold as BA codeshares on 125 stock:

Possible to see allocated seat: Yes (after you assign it on AY.com, using the same PNR, although you may have to use the Webchat function to get a seat assigned if it is not possible)
Possible to see seat plan: Yes, but if not, QR.com can make it visible
Possible to change seat online: Yes, on AY.com directly on the seat map, or via the Webchat function. If that fails, try QR.com
BA App boarding pass: Yes (not 100% I understand)
Booking visible on AY website: Yes, now using the same BA PNR (it used to be a separate PNR but they have now aligned this)
Seat management on AY website: Yes, see above
Online check-in on AY website: Yes

:confused:

I have never been able to select or change seats on AY.com for BA codeshares. Neither have I been able to obtain boarding passes on BA App. In fact, this (seating) issue is widely known and discussed on the AY Forum too and it has been the case for nearly 2 years now.

rossmacd Dec 18, 2018 2:43 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 30548095)
:confused:

I have never been able to select or change seats on AY.com for BA codeshares. Neither have I been able to obtain boarding passes on BA App. In fact, this (seating) issue is widely known and discussed on the AY Forum too and it has been the case for nearly 2 years now.

If you see my comment (a big caveat!) about using the Webchat to assign a seat on a codeshare - this route has never failed me, in the case when the seatmap is not available (either on AY.com or QR.com) :)

cornishsimon Dec 18, 2018 5:21 am

As it currently stands the BA/BE codeshare comes to an end at the end of march19 when the only route still to hold the BA codeshare moves around the M25 to lhr

cs