Wiki Posts
Search

Golden Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Golden Ticket

I recently had fantastic service on a flight coming back from America and rightly gave my Golden Ticket to one of the crew members.

We were chatting and they remembered my name and eventually messaged me via LinkedIn to say thank you, which of course I didn't mind at all.

But something they said in the email shocked me, which was that BA gives them absolutely nothing for getting one of these Golden Tickets.

I was surprised to say the least. For a start, I think that's rubbish on the part of BA, but also makes me think - is there any point next time?

Am I missing something?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: BA GGL
There've been a few threads about this, and I've recently overheard cabin crew mention how the Golden Tickets have little to no value in and of themselves. I believe they work like raffle tickets, and at the end of a period of time, the number of Golden Tickets you have increases the cabin crew's likelihood of winning something.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:42 am

I thought I read on here that it was different depending on which cabin crew fleet you were? I can't remember where I read it, but I thought Golden Tickets were linked to bonuses for Mixed Fleet folk, but not for Worldwide or Euro Fleet.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Some people think that they are important others do not, on Mixed Fleet I believe it can effect their bonus pay, on other fleets we do not get this.
I don’t mind getting them as a thank you but otherwise they are worthless.
Knodde likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Whenderson
I recently had fantastic service on a flight coming back from America and rightly gave my Golden Ticket to one of the crew members.

We were chatting and they remembered my name and eventually messaged me via LinkedIn to say thank you, which of course I didn't mind at all.

But something they said in the email shocked me, which was that BA gives them absolutely nothing for getting one of these Golden Tickets.

I was surprised to say the least. For a start, I think that's rubbish on the part of BA, but also makes me think - is there any point next time?

Am I missing something?
Selected colleagues that have received golden tickets are invited to a yearly golden ticket event in London.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I heard from a crewmember that if you get a Golden Ticket you have to go to a fancy dinner with your management.

They were joking about it (jesting that having to eat fancy food was a punishment) so I have no idea how true it was either.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anonba

Selected colleagues that have received golden tickets are invited to a yearly golden ticket event in London.
And that is seen as a reward?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I gave a golden ticket to a member of checkin staff at LGW. Would she get the same recognition as cabin crew?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, nothing!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
There are Golden Ticket events where customers that have given out tickets and staff that have received them get invited. The staff chosen are those who have collected quite a few tickets.

Generally though, they are noted on your file and give your Manager an opportunity to acknowledge your good work. They help give an overall impression of the crew member along with other forms of recognition and other forms of performance monitoring such as your personal customer satisfaction scores for your flights etc.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I guess the other factor that comes into play is that if something goes wrong with a staff member's career - maybe not even through any fault of their own (e.g. a baseless accusation from a passenger with some mistaken identity thrown in) - then a staff member can point to their Golden Tickets as evidence of a wider perspective or implausibility of any accusation. So whereas there is plenty of cynicism involved here, I wouldn't dissuade anyone from using their Golden Tickets, and ideally backing it up with the e-version showing on the left of My Executive Club.

And this link can work for anyone and does something fairly similar:
ba.com/thankyou
frandrake and Sealink like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
There are Golden Ticket events where customers that have given out tickets and staff that have received them get invited. The staff chosen are those who have collected quite a few tickets.

Generally though, they are noted on your file and give your Manager an opportunity to acknowledge your good work. They help give an overall impression of the crew member along with other forms of recognition and other forms of performance monitoring such as your personal customer satisfaction scores for your flights etc.
Which counts for nothing, just look what happened to our fantastic loyal ex HKG based crew!
redeyedonkey and binman like this.

Last edited by Can I help you; Dec 17, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
I have, a few times, given praise via the BA Twitter account, which I'm told (given my relatively high follower count) stands a chance of having a little more clout. Curious to know which is the best option.
FrogTastic likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
They have something similar on AA, a few years back, each cert got them around $35, not sure if cash or other,
told this year that all the certs go in to lottery.. chances of winning anything is about the same has a public lottery
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Does anybody know whether there is any benefit for the crew members recognised to using a Golden Ticket rather than ba.com/thankyou (or vice versa)? I obviously want to use the best option and have traditionally used the latter because I could remember the URL rather than having to find the Golden Ticket link…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.