Golden Ticket

Old Dec 18, 18, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, HH Silver, IHG Gold Elite, Sixt Gold
how many golden tickets can one submit online? I still have my paper one plus a link on the website. I was wondering whether the link would "disappear" should I award someone the e-golden ticket.
Old Dec 18, 18, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by jfallesen View Post
Does anybody know whether there is any benefit for the crew members recognised to using a Golden Ticket rather than ba.com/thankyou (or vice versa)? I obviously want to use the best option and have traditionally used the latter because I could remember the URL rather than having to find the Golden Ticket link…
It makes no difference.
Old Dec 18, 18, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Who gets the opertunity to give a golden ticket - is it gold or GGL?
Old Dec 18, 18, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by barneyb View Post
Who gets the opertunity to give a golden ticket - is it gold or GGL?
It's given to BAEC members who have Gold.
Old Dec 18, 18, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold / Miles and Smiles Elite / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire / SPG Gold
I am happy to use mine as I hope the individual recognises that the service they provided to me was recognised by me as being special or important and made me feel good.
I am not doing it to protect then from future, spurious, accusations, to see then rewarded by the their employer or to get them into some corporate event in London or to help their line manager have an easier time in the review meeting.
My main concern is that they get it and they know it was from me for something that happened on a specific day or time.
Of course it would be nice if BA offered some tangible benefit but ........
flygirl68 and Will100 like this.
Old Dec 18, 18, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
For what it's worth, when a BA captain found my wallet last month, and reached out to return it to me in PHX a week or so later (sheer luck, details at A thankful pre-Thanksgiving mini trip report ), I offered the golden ticket and explained that I knew it has no real value so he didn't need to take it if he didn't want the hassle. He gladly accepted it. I then also offered him a gift voucher for one of my favourite restaurants in London as a token of my gratitude. I'm sure the latter was a better option!

One strategy you might use is to explain that you know they don't have a lot of value, but you would like to offer the golden ticket if it isn't a hassle for them. One time a cabin crew member said thanks, said she had a bunch of them, and asked if it would be ok to give to her colleague (who was also amazing), to which I said yes.
Old Oct 10, 19, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
All my golden tickets submitted online just seem to go into a black hole.

I get no email confirmation at the time of submission, no follow-up afterwards and the option to send another remains available online ... is that normal?
Old Oct 10, 19, 9:01 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ianwall View Post
All my golden tickets submitted online just seem to go into a black hole.

I get no email confirmation at the time of submission, no follow-up afterwards and the option to send another remains available online ... is that normal?
Yes, and extremely annoying!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: