FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA i want you back i am sorry! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1946203-ba-i-want-you-back-i-am-sorry.html)

djtriggz Dec 16, 2018 11:26 pm

BA i want you back i am sorry!

BA i would like to apologise! I have recently been taking you for granted and using QR behind your back. Life really hasn't been the same without you. From having to check in a backpack because my total carry on was slightly more than 7kg to now sitting in DOH waiting for a delay of 5hr and 45mins. I would like to let you know that i have broken things off with QR and will never do that to you again. I love you and i miss you x

PS will you take me from NBO-LHR in Jan? x

nivsy Dec 16, 2018 11:50 pm

It is a shocking hand baggage allowance granted. See how I get on with them today ex HEL!

LTN Phobia Dec 17, 2018 12:21 am

Decent (IMO slightly too much!) hand luggage allowance on BA really strikes me every time I fly QF which also have an excessively tight 7 kg limit.

Particularly noticeable when I have just arrived on a BA flight to SYD and then transfer onto QF domestic and do some stupid, public baggage reshuffle to avoid being pinged at the gate and terribly curtly told that I was lucky to be allowed to check an extra bag free (never mind the fact I had a spare baggage allowance).

simons1 Dec 17, 2018 12:24 am

Good luck if you don't think this happens on all airlines. BA had a 7 hour delay on Nairobi only a couple of weeks ago.

1Aturnleft Dec 17, 2018 12:47 am

Originally Posted by simons1 (Post 30543820)
Good luck if you don't think this happens on all airlines. BA had a 7 hour delay on Nairobi only a couple of weeks ago.

€600 to my bank account (possibly after a bit of convincing) would make the delay slightly sweeter though

djtriggz Dec 17, 2018 12:47 am

Originally Posted by simons1 (Post 30543820)

From London? I wouldn't mind that! seeing as i live 15 mins from LHR and there would be 600 Euro Compensation with it too!

babats Dec 17, 2018 12:49 am

Originally Posted by charlieboy77 (Post 30543864)
€600 to my bank account (possibly after a bit of convincing) would make the delay slightly sweeter though

Originally Posted by djtriggz (Post 30543865)
From London? I wouldn't mind that! seeing as i live 15 mins from LHR and there would be 600 Euro Compensation with it too!

That would all depend on the cause of the delay

msm2000uk Dec 17, 2018 12:57 am

You flew from BKK-DOH-NBO.

Is the BA routing, via LHR and an overnight stop, a better option for you?

M

UKtravelbear Dec 17, 2018 1:06 am

Originally Posted by djtriggz (Post 30543865)

You would lose a lot more than €600 if yiu went home and BA managed to reduce the delay and you couldn’t get back to LHR in time!

1Aturnleft Dec 17, 2018 1:06 am

Originally Posted by babats (Post 30543870)
That would all depend on the cause of the delay

True, although worth investigating the reasons. Qatar would just spit in your face at the notion considering there is no cover inbound to the EU.
On BA Source, all notable reported Nairobi delays this year appear to have been technical.

djtriggz Dec 17, 2018 1:14 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 30543889)
You flew from BKK-DOH-NBO.

Is the BA routing, via LHR and an overnight stop, a better option for you?

M

If i was to fly that route i would spend at least a week in the UK.

msm2000uk Dec 17, 2018 1:28 am

Originally Posted by djtriggz (Post 30543917)
If i was to fly that route i would spend at least a week in the UK.

So then the 5h delay is pretty inconsequential overall.

M

drvannostren Dec 17, 2018 1:29 am

Originally Posted by charlieboy77 (Post 30543864)

Sidebar, only cuz I'm thinking about it after reading this. Post Br-exit, will the EU261 rules still apply to BA ex-UK?

DYKWIA Dec 17, 2018 1:33 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 30543942)
So then the 5h delay is pretty inconsequential overall.

M

Am I the only the only one confused here? Where did you get the BKK-DOH-NBO routing from, as it's not mentioned in the OP?

All he/she has said is that they have a 5 hour delay. So, I don't see how your assertion that "the 5h delay is pretty inconsequential overall" comes into play?

Scots_Al Dec 17, 2018 1:37 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren (Post 30543943)
Sidebar, only cuz I'm thinking about it after reading this. Post Br-exit, will the EU261 rules still apply to BA ex-UK?

If the Withdrawal Agreement is signed, yes until at least 31/12/20.

If there’s no deal, the EU (Withdrawal) Act will bring EU261 into domestic law as retained direct EU legislation - so yes.... but in the short-term, that Act also gives Ministers the ability to fix deficiencies in retained law, defined as including revoking what Ministers consider to be inappropriate or redundant EU references. I don’t know what plans are in relation to this instrument (but they might reduce the scope from EU airlines to British airlines, for example). In the longer-term, then this sort of thing becomes the normal responsibility of domestic legislators.