Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What options entitled to for 5+ hour time change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Been advised of a 5 and half hour time change, booked in CE but not a flexible ticket, Silver now but not when ticket booked, will BA let me change to a connecting flight so we get home earler free of charge? Would rather be pre-armed before I call. Thanks
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
5 hours will mean you can cancel and rebook. Ideal if the prices have changed. Is this just a timing change or an actual cancellation of the previous flight?

I am sure they will also look favourably on a re-routenalthough this may depend more on the routingbuou are now suggesting.

What is your itinerary?

Finally, I assume that this change is not in the next couple of weeks?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Hi, It's a time change 13 April LPA-LHR, they only fly that route once a day but there is a connecting flight back via MAD, just we get kicked out of our apartment so don't relish hanging around all day, it was a lunchtime departure now its early evening. Not sure about prices as I booked it months ago with car hire too so would think its dearer now.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
If I understand you correctly, then the direct LPA-LHR has been moved to the evening but there is an earlier-departing routing LPA-MAD-LHR which you would like to travel on.

BA ought to let you change that. Give them a call.

(more tier points on two flights, too )
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Yes that's absolutely correct. Ahh didn't think of that re tier points, excellent!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by flatlander
(more tier points on two flights, too )
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but in this case you get fewer tier points with two flights. LPA-LHR direct in CE gets you 80TPs. LPA-MAD-LHR gets you 20+40=60TPs. Iberia now only give 20TPs on flights to and from the Canaries: see this thread:
Madrid connections
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
For the broader interest:

In the case of a schedule change of this magnitude, you have three options under EC 261/2004. 1. Cancel for a full refund. 2. A reroute under similar circumstances. 3. A reroute at a later date.

Before you ask BA to make this change, check the pricing yourself. If the new tickets will cost less, e.g. LHR-LPA-MAD-LHR, then cancel for a refund and purchase the new tickets. At least you save some money for the inconvenience. If not, then ask BA to make the change.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by masped
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but in this case you get fewer tier points with two flights. LPA-LHR direct in CE gets you 80TPs. LPA-MAD-LHR gets you 20+40=60TPs. Iberia now only give 20TPs on flights to and from the Canaries: see this thread:
Madrid connections
Still get your 80TP, need to just request ORC (Original Routng Credit) post flight

Take your time, as you will only be allowed change foc the once
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks all, FYI I called and they said I can change to the connecting flight LPA-MAD-LHR instead foc and to call if original TPs not posted after returning so that's all good.

Just a last question is a 2 hour 5 min connection at MAD arriving at T4 then leaving from T4S reasonable, will we have any time in the lounge, presumably Velazquez, or will we need all that time just walking, getting the train (?) and queuing? Its 13th April landing 17.40 departing 19.45, not sure if that's a busier or quieter time? We flew an outbound connection in MAD earlier this year but it was all in T4 and that seemed to involve at lot of walking!
Presumably also if you miss the connection they put you on the next available one - good as there is another later flight back to LHR, but what happens if its full, do you get bounced to the next day? Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by masped
Iberia now only give 20TPs on flights to and from the Canaries: see this thread:
Madrid connections
Squeeeeezing those costs eh.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
The connection time should be ok to transfer from T4 to T4S - did this in November without any problems. Lounge in 4S very spacious and airy entrance is on the left just as you enter the duty free area. Make sure you find the wine racks - once you have checked in go down to the right and they are carefully hiddden at the end round the corner!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,
2 hrs 5 min will be plenty of time ( I think MCT T4-T4S is about 60mins)

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.