Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lgw to jfk

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Rebooked and I’m now running for the 12.55 departure. I’ve got 2 hrs to get to LHR from SE London!! Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Rebooked and I’m now running for the 12.55 departure. I’ve got 2 hrs to get to LHR from SE London!! Fingers crossed.
I’m on heathrow express leaving in 4mins. Can I phone anyone at T5 to alert them I’m coming?!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I’m on heathrow express leaving in 4mins. Can I phone anyone at T5 to alert them I’m coming?!
No, it doesn't work like that. You need to get to the scan of the security point for 12:20 hrs, and you may just make it. When you get to Heathrow T5 take the 3rd open door lift, not the first one (I'll have to delete this post later!). Then rush across to the gate.

I wouldn't worry too much. Your booking would be littered with LGW references, so they'll just put you on the next shuttle to Kennedy.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
When you get to Heathrow T5 take the 3rd open door lift, not the first one (I'll have to delete this post later!).
I'm always amazed that this obvious strategy works so well, every time.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What cabin are you in @rockflyertalk

Availability is very low at the moment (unsurprisingly) so I'm trying to find options for you
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:00 am

What cabin are you in @rockflyertalk

Availability is very low at the moment (unsurprisingly) so I'm trying to find options for you
Thank you so much for excellent advise, that never ceases to amaze us in your detail.

You

Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:02 am

I made it in a sweat with 5 minutes to spare. I’m in WT and bagged a row to myself. Well done BA and thank you @corporate-wage-slave Merry Christmas to you.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:03 am

Thank you so much for excellent advise, that never ceases to amaze us in your detail.
You did the running on this one, so well done for making it, I thought you would just squeak on. And you have the new IFE as a reward for it too.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:07 am

You did the running on this one, so well done for making it, I thought you would just squeak on. And you have the new IFE as a reward for it too.
I certainly made a personal record. I left at 10.53 and boarded at 12.42! I even had the joys of SSSS for the first. I felt sorry for the chap when he asked to take off my shoes after running across London.

I wonder if theres wifi on this. Right we’re taxing...
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:13 am

I wonder if theres wifi on this. Right we’re taxing...
It has, you are G-VIID I think, a 777-200 with wifi on it.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:22 am

As additional notes I have commend and thank BA staff, when it’s due as it’s not always the case on FT. Having phoned the Exec line I waited approx 5-10mins before getting through to an excellent lady called Kate (sounded like the Newcastle Center) who did a superb job of changing my booking for both legs and great chat along the lines of “which service(s) would like sir?”

So from phoning at 10.34, to rebooking in an 18min call and travelling as fast as I could to T5 from the Kent borders, boarding the aircraft at 12.42. I really have to say well done to BA and HAL for getting this route swapped from LGW to LHR, given how busy they would today.

The BA staff member at the T5 passport check desk who calmly took my passport as I raced up to the side and pushed in a queue (I apologised to all) He then kindly took me over to South security and made sure I got through saying good luck Mr Rockflyertalk and then to the HAL security guys let me go to front of fast track! I’ll even mention the BA cabin crew member called Paul on the Heathrow Express who kindly offered great advice and answered my questions about making the flight.

All in all BA staff were fantastic at making sure I get to JFK. The staff currently onboard 177 are great too.

cosmo74, rapidex and Prospero like this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:36 am

All in all BA staff were fantastic at making sure I get to JFK. The staff currently onboard 177 are great too.
Sounds like you are enjoying this flight as well. I suspect you could have done without the unseemly rush to get to T5, but you spared yourself a protracted afternoon at LGW, with a lot of uncertainty, had no hanging around LHR either, and will get to New York a bit ahead of schedule too. Enjoy your time in the United States.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Canceled three days in a row, four days of five! Flying this on Dec 31. Wont be too unhappy if they cancel in advance and reroute from LHR.

Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by knit-in
Canceled three days in a row, four days of five! Flying this on Dec 31. Wont be too unhappy if they cancel in advance and reroute from LHR.
Have you seen the news this week?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu
Have you seen the news this week?
Not any news that would account for 4 cancellations in 5 days (or 5 in 9), no.

Last edited by simons1; Dec 21, 2018 at 8:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.