Wiki Posts
Search

Galleries T5B Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
Galleries T5B Lounge

Two quick questions for Frequent flyers. Is there still a luggage storage area in this lounge? Was hoping to leave a few items of carry on to browse the shops in comfort and also are there many if any showers in this lounge? Thanks In advance for any info.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Yes to both. Luggage storage is through the right-hand entrance as you walk in, on the right, and showers are then straight ahead from there. I think there are about 6-8 showers available - ask at the desk by the spa area.
ATCOlad likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:16 am

Is it reasonably easy to get a reservation for a shower? I assume you just ask to be put on a list. We will be in the Lounge from about 1 to 5pm. Thank you.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
hi,

I would think it would be easier to get a shower at T5B rather than T5A but not sure of the queue lengths but with 4 hours there should be no problem.

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:44 am

Thanks, TBS!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Never had to wait for a shower at T5B.

It also comes with the added bonus that it doesn't sound like you're showering on top of an enormous slurping Saniflo either - the T5B lounge (and indeed T5A North) has traditional plumbing rather than the vacuum plumbing that T5A South & Arrivals has.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
Easily best Club lounge at T5 - see if you can get a spa treatment as well as the shower!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ATCOlad
Two quick questions for Frequent flyers. Is there still a luggage storage area in this lounge? Was hoping to leave a few items of carry on to browse the shops in comfort and also are there many if any showers in this lounge? Thanks In advance for any info.
...not a great range of shops available to browse, unless you’re planning on walking back to A gates.
ATCOlad likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
Originally Posted by Row9

...not a great range of shops available to browse, unless you’re planning on walking back to A gates.
Yes!! That’s exactly the plan 👍
Row9 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
I would think it would be easier to get a shower at T5B rather than T5A but not sure of the queue lengths but with 4 hours there should be no problem.
Originally Posted by balowlyblue
Easily best Club lounge at T5 - see if you can get a spa treatment as well as the shower!
IME, it is usually easier for either service at T5B than at T5A, so the OP should certainly have no problem with a shower.

For the spa, I've quite frequently had T5A spa reception offer me a T5B slot when the T5A spa was fully booked.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:10 am

I may be missing something quite obvious here, but... I didn’t realise there was a spa for users of Galleries Club? I know CCR/first comes with access to Elemis.

Well, I learn something new everyday here!

A complimentary 15 minute treatment menu is available if you are travelling in our First or business (Club World) cabins or you are a Gold card member flying long haul, when you use our lounges at London Heathrow and New York.
I’m clearly not the target demographic, as I didn’t notice this!

Last edited by squawk; Dec 18, 2018 at 10:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.