Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Panic - on the M40 in heavy traffic for 8pm flight - need to go to T2, then to T5

Panic - on the M40 in heavy traffic for 8pm flight - need to go to T2, then to T5

Reply

Old Dec 14, 18, 10:51 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Oxford (&Western Isles )
Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Posts: 305
Panic - on the M40 in heavy traffic for 8pm flight - need to go to T2, then to T5

Long story, but my wife is taking family friend, 17yo, in a dash to LHR after she had lost her passport and therefore missed her normal transportation from Oxford. She needs to go to T2 to collect the 17yo's luggage, which is with friends there, and then get to t5 for bag drop.

What is quickest way from T2 to T5? Tube or back into the car and drive around to T5? Thanks for any advice.

She has checked in on the BA app and the flight is on time, 8.05pm
wanderingjock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:54 am
  #2  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cumbria
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 4,067
Tube would be my recommendation. Although why can the luggage not be taken to T5 to make it easier?

Good luck!
madfish is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:54 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: LHR
Programs: BA Gold Etihad Silver IHG Platinum Hilton Gold
Posts: 75
Get the free Heathrow express train. Probably the quickest option unless you just miss one in which case the tube.
Takiteasy and Crampedin13A like this.
ceej123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:56 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Oxford (&Western Isles )
Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Posts: 305
Originally Posted by madfish View Post
Tube would be my recommendation. Although why can the luggage not be taken to T5 to make it easier?

Good luck!
yeah, I know - but they are flying on from T2, but took friend's luggage with them
wanderingjock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:56 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 633
Originally Posted by wanderingjock View Post
Long story, but my wife is taking family friend, 17yo, in a dash to LHR after she had lost her passport and therefore missed her normal transportation from Oxford. She needs to go to T2 to collect the 17yo's luggage, which is with friends there, and then get to t5 for bag drop.

What is quickest way from T2 to T5? Tube or back into the car and drive around to T5? Thanks for any advice.

She has checked in on the BA app and the flight is on time, 8.05pm
According to the tfl app, it's a 3 minute tube ride. I'd go for that.
wanderingjock likes this.
PAL62V is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 12:07 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Oxford (&Western Isles )
Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Posts: 305
Thanks very much all. They made good time on the motorways and got to T2, picked up bags and then drove round the north perimiter road in about 12-13 mins. The LHR website said 16 mins for tube to T5, below, but that is total time including waiting. Young lady is going through security as I type.

Again, thanks for all your help, wj

SanDiego1K likes this.
wanderingjock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 2:06 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Flatland
Programs: AA EP 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Posts: 5,125
I would have gone for the perimeter road too. It's rarely crowded.

From T2/3 take the central tunnel, then follow T5 business parking signs, hug the airfield fence (don't go further out, you'll end up on the non-perimeter main road leading to T4 and cargo), past the pod parking, and up to the roundabout by the T5 entrance roads. Up to drop off, put the passengers out at one end or the other (not the middle) so they can go to the nearest desk, drop bags, and run to scan their boarding pass and pass conformance at the security entrance. Go round a loop and into short stay parking and hang about until you get confirmation they're through security OK, then leave.
wanderingjock likes this.
flatlander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 2:12 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,201
Originally Posted by wanderingjock View Post
yeah, I know - but they are flying on from T2, but took friend's luggage with them
Yes but why couldn't one of them take the luggage to T5 to help you out - in what seemed like a rather urgent situation - before heading back to T2?
Ldnn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 5:26 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,326
Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
Yes but why couldn't one of them take the luggage to T5 to help you out - in what seemed like a rather urgent situation - before heading back to T2?
Logic would dictate their flight was leaving soon too, and they didn't want to risk missing it. They'd already been sitting around for however long it took the OP's wife to rush the other friend to the airport.
callum9999 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread