Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Panic - on the M40 in heavy traffic for 8pm flight - need to go to T2, then to T5

Panic - on the M40 in heavy traffic for 8pm flight - need to go to T2, then to T5

Old Dec 14, 18, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;

Long story, but my wife is taking family friend, 17yo, in a dash to LHR after she had lost her passport and therefore missed her normal transportation from Oxford. She needs to go to T2 to collect the 17yo's luggage, which is with friends there, and then get to t5 for bag drop.

What is quickest way from T2 to T5? Tube or back into the car and drive around to T5? Thanks for any advice.

She has checked in on the BA app and the flight is on time, 8.05pm
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Tube would be my recommendation. Although why can the luggage not be taken to T5 to make it easier?

Good luck!
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold Etihad Silver IHG Platinum Hilton Gold
Get the free Heathrow express train. Probably the quickest option unless you just miss one in which case the tube.
Takiteasy and Crampedin13A like this.
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish View Post
Tube would be my recommendation. Although why can the luggage not be taken to T5 to make it easier?

Good luck!
yeah, I know - but they are flying on from T2, but took friend's luggage with them
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by wanderingjock View Post
Long story, but my wife is taking family friend, 17yo, in a dash to LHR after she had lost her passport and therefore missed her normal transportation from Oxford. She needs to go to T2 to collect the 17yo's luggage, which is with friends there, and then get to t5 for bag drop.

What is quickest way from T2 to T5? Tube or back into the car and drive around to T5? Thanks for any advice.

She has checked in on the BA app and the flight is on time, 8.05pm
According to the tfl app, it's a 3 minute tube ride. I'd go for that.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Dec 14, 18, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much all. They made good time on the motorways and got to T2, picked up bags and then drove round the north perimiter road in about 12-13 mins. The LHR website said 16 mins for tube to T5, below, but that is total time including waiting. Young lady is going through security as I type.

Again, thanks for all your help, wj

SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Dec 14, 18, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EP 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I would have gone for the perimeter road too. It's rarely crowded.

From T2/3 take the central tunnel, then follow T5 business parking signs, hug the airfield fence (don't go further out, you'll end up on the non-perimeter main road leading to T4 and cargo), past the pod parking, and up to the roundabout by the T5 entrance roads. Up to drop off, put the passengers out at one end or the other (not the middle) so they can go to the nearest desk, drop bags, and run to scan their boarding pass and pass conformance at the security entrance. Go round a loop and into short stay parking and hang about until you get confirmation they're through security OK, then leave.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Dec 14, 18, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingjock View Post
yeah, I know - but they are flying on from T2, but took friend's luggage with them
Yes but why couldn't one of them take the luggage to T5 to help you out - in what seemed like a rather urgent situation - before heading back to T2?
Old Dec 14, 18, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
Yes but why couldn't one of them take the luggage to T5 to help you out - in what seemed like a rather urgent situation - before heading back to T2?
Logic would dictate their flight was leaving soon too, and they didn't want to risk missing it. They'd already been sitting around for however long it took the OP's wife to rush the other friend to the airport.