Is BA2718 LGW -AGP a new slot?

Old Dec 13, 18, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Is BA2718 LGW -AGP a new slot?

Been looking at flights to Malaga for next May and today noticed a new one at 13.00 from LGW on 8th May, has this recently been added as can't see it on Iberia or flight tracker type sites? Only showing 3 rows of CE on Expert flyer. Just don't want to book it and then it gets cancelled as could pick another day just like that outbound time, thanks.
Old Dec 13, 18, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
As a regular for me, I donít recall this service. So it may be a switch or rejig for summer 19. I know the LGW fall between 9.35am ish and then 4pm ish. So this could be an additional slot or a replacement slot for another. But yea it sounds like a new time for LGW.

A vague recollection could be that this was mentioned on Headforpoints. Worth a google. But Iíd book it. I canít see the AGP flights taking any hits for BA since Monarch went under.
Old Dec 13, 18, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
This is FT. Why on earth would you want to fly LGW-AGP???

Surely LHR-BCN-MAD-AGP would be the optimal routing thus maximising TPs and gaining access to T3 lounges?!
Old Dec 13, 18, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

That would involve drinking far too much champagne!!
rockflyertalk, mtikky and rapidex like this.
Old Dec 14, 18, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk View Post
As a regular for me, I donít recall this service. So it may be a switch or rejig for summer 19. I know the LGW fall between 9.35am ish and then 4pm ish. So this could be an additional slot or a replacement slot for another. But yea it sounds like a new time for LGW.

A vague recollection could be that this was mentioned on Headforpoints. Worth a google. But Iíd book it. I canít see the AGP flights taking any hits for BA since Monarch went under.
Thanks, would you know why this particular flight does not appear on Iberia, all others seem to, hence my worry unless it has just been added, but Iberia seems a lot cheaper especially when hire car added compared to BA?
Old Dec 14, 18, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by cameramaker View Post
This is FT. Why on earth would you want to fly LGW-AGP???

Surely LHR-BCN-MAD-AGP would be the optimal routing thus maximising TPs and gaining access to T3 lounges?!
For heaven's sake, no. Are you mad?

LHR->HEL->AGP please. 440TP and T3 lounges too.
Old Dec 14, 18, 4:50 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav View Post
For heaven's sake, no. Are you mad?

LHR->HEL->AGP please. 440TP and T3 lounges too.
Wow! Never thought BA would give 140 TP for intra european flights especially those of a partner. AY LHR-HEL is 80 in C but AY CDG-HEL is 40 for roughly the same distance. A routing I need to think about if in need.
Old Dec 14, 18, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
LHR > AGP > LHR for me (And family) next August. Being LHR based its rather handy. BUT as a single traveller the via HEL appeals !!
Old Dec 14, 18, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by paulaf View Post
Thanks, would you know why this particular flight does not appear on Iberia, all others seem to, hence my worry unless it has just been added, but Iberia seems a lot cheaper especially when hire car added compared to BA?
Just a guess but Iberia are not renowned for their IT! It could be that they haven't updated it yet. But that is purely a guess.

It looks like the 1pm is a movement of a later flight to that earlier 1pm slot, so the 18.40pm. 2718 has various times during the week.
Old Dec 14, 18, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk View Post
Just a guess but Iberia are not renowned for their IT! It could be that they haven't updated it yet. But that is purely a guess.

It looks like the 1pm is a movement of a later flight to that earlier 1pm slot, so the 18.40pm. 2718 has various times during the week.
Any idea how long it has been at that new time, to judge how long to give Iberia to catch up? Is it likely to move again back to a later slot? Thanks
Old Dec 14, 18, 12:45 pm

Not according to the BA website timetable. But flight schedules this far out are always subject to change. Others may know more.
Old Dec 14, 18, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by BA6948 View Post
Wow! Never thought BA would give 140 TP for intra european flights especially those of a partner. AY LHR-HEL is 80 in C but AY CDG-HEL is 40 for roughly the same distance. A routing I need to think about if in need.
Helsinki to Paris is just over half the distance from Helsinki to Malaga, which just creeps over the 2000 mile threshold, It's a bit awkward to exploit though because of the timings of flights and the fact the best fares need a few days between inbound and outbound.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: