Wiki Posts
Search

Which seat map is this please?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Which seat map is this please?

BA website says it’s an A321 but I cam’t make the seat map tally with either BA Source or Seat Guru. Is it row 23 or 24 that I need for the exit row?

Flight is 576 to Milan.

Last edited by Newly Wed; Dec 13, 2018 at 1:24 pm Reason: Photo upload fail
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
A321ceo, the densified version. The ceo and neo version is now online on thebasource, albeit not in the main dropdown. For seatguru you will need to wait another decade or two. See the wiki in the first thread.

Densified A321
G-NEOR Movements

http://thebasource.com/aircraft/a321/
flatlander likes this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Dec 13, 2018 at 2:05 pm Reason: fix URL
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
cut and paste error in the last link - goes to G-NEOR movements.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
23 is a ‘real’ exit row, 24 is not, apart from A and F.

edited due to my original stupidity

Last edited by RobDBA; Dec 13, 2018 at 3:26 pm
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by RobDBA
24 is a ‘real’ exit row, 23 is not.
It's the other way round.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
It's the other way round.
yes, apologies - I was confusing with the other layout. The A and F seats in that row are extra legroom though.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your help as always.

23D&E snagged for the outbound with 1A&C on the return. Its a last minute day trip with a girlfriend (to look at kitchens) and the J price on the outbound was insane (>£550) so row 23 with a couple of glasses of bubbly in GF is a good compromise and at >£350 in Y I'll certainly be drinking my monies worth!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:10 am

23d and e are terrible seats. They have all the downsides of exit seats i.e. no bag under the seat in front but they have no extra legroom. There will be nobody in c but that's it.
I made the mistake once as did the guy who had picked the seat next to me. Fortunately there were proper exit seats available in the row behind so we moved. According to the cabin crew it is a common complaint.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ppp909
23d and e are terrible seats. They have all the downsides of exit seats i.e. no bag under the seat in front but they have no extra legroom. There will be nobody in c but that's it.
I made the mistake once as did the guy who had picked the seat next to me. Fortunately there were proper exit seats available in the row behind so we moved. According to the cabin crew it is a common complaint.
I think you are talking about a different plane. The experts on the forum have guided me to the thread with photos showing that these seats have extra legroom.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ppp909
The densification process has changed the layout and numbers somewhat, so there is legroom. But the links above provide the relevant clarity and photos here. The thing to watch is row 9: if it's 2 + 2 = ceo = not good seats (but if CE as a single traveller or you are a couple then there may be an argument here). If there are 3+3 seats you are on a neo, it's still not a good seat but one needs to be careful about seat preferences and options given that only the front 14 rows are Pinnacle.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Piggybacking on this: flying to HKG on Tuesday as a family of 4 in First. Currently we have 1E&F & 2 E&F. Any thoughts on how easy it is to communicate with the person in the adjacent set in First if you are in the middle pair? Or is it easier to be either side of the aisle? Any thoughts appreciated. (Aircraft is a 777)
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Row 10 has opened up. Is it worth a gamble on the curtain not moving for a flight on Friday?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by brentford77
Piggybacking on this: flying to HKG on Tuesday as a family of 4 in First. Currently we have 1E&F & 2 E&F. Any thoughts on how easy it is to communicate with the person in the adjacent set in First if you are in the middle pair? Or is it easier to be either side of the aisle? Any thoughts appreciated. (Aircraft is a 777)
Hi,

The EF pairs would be easier to communicate ( through the divider) as the seats on the window side are slightly staggered

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Row 10 has opened up. Is it worth a gamble on the curtain not moving for a flight on Friday?
Just bumping my post as Banking Scots post relates to another plane / query entirely.

Incidentally, to reply to Brentford, we have always taken E/F pairs when travelling in F with kids.

Last edited by Newly Wed; Dec 19, 2018 at 1:32 pm Reason: Typos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.