Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Gold Greetings becoming more frequent?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

only had 1 greeting on my 8 ce/cw flights in the past fortnight (and that was in ce)

I did get one coming back in wtp from las in september

regards

tbs
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I think I have never one real recognition on ba. And for me it's not about the dykwia factor but supposedly a welcome home feeling that I am missing.. My best experience is on Malaysia where an almost all of the 12 flights I had to take over a weekend something was special.
What is a gold greeting in a premium class? Everyone there is called by name?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
In the past six weeks, I've had:
4 World Traveller (3 welcomes)
4 Euro Traveller (zilch)
3 Economy segments on S7 Airlines (1 welcome)
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Some more data points for any geeks

Gold member personal greeting
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: Hilton/Diamond, BA/Gold
On AY and AA yes, normally every flight, however on BA not once in ~6 months, even when flying CW and CE
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Nope on BA ever. every time on QR, MH, CX,
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
Definitely

I’ve noticed it for the last few months. Prior a thank you for being gold 75k was rare and I never got the chocolate. The last two months I’ve gotten it on all but one flight seems to be a direct initiative. Alaska always does it the best!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I’ve noticed a few more of the awful “congrats” style greetings. I had a CSM telling me I was halfway to GGLFL. I replied “thanks. Only another ten years of sleep deprivation, bad food, and too much champagne then.”, which he sort of laughed at.
I think any real sincerity and candidness of engaging with passengers has to come from the personality of the crew... and not simply by reading out what the iPad says.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by andrewr1985
On AY and AA yes, normally every flight, however on BA not once in ~6 months, even when flying CW and CE
+1
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Probably one in eight (roughly) for me, but saying that I'm usually in the boiler room so I'm not sure the CSDs are too keen to come that far back
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Nothing on this trip’s CE and CW. In fact I can’t remember when I/we last had one.

“Am I bovvered?”
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
I may not have enough data points, but I would agree.

6 flights as gold earlier this year - nothing.

then last week, a surprisingly warm gold welcome from CC on LHR-OSL. Then a massively warm welcome aboard from the CRM (or whatever the abbreviation is) on LHR - LAX sat in UD. I felt so embarrassed but I loved it!!!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Once this year, as far as I can remember, and that was in CW last week. The CSM did seem to be heading back into Y after visiting me, but didn't return later in the flight like he said he would.

Apart from that, no preferential treatment given meal wise etc.

AA did offer me a cheese plate or something else on a flight a few days ago whilst I was back in Y (MCE).
Nothing else offered to anyone else near me and the crew member used my name although with zero enthusiasm
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:43 am

Nein. Depends how you define Gold recognition I suppose.

- Crew use your surname during interactions. Is that due to being Gold, or just good premium cabin service?
- A personal welcome and thanks?

I'd say that if we use the above metrics I'm recognized on around half of my flights, they are generally in Club or higher. So no change compared to the last decade as a Gold.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by Petrus
Nein. Depends how you define Gold recognition I suppose.

- Crew use your surname during interactions. Is that due to being Gold, or just good premium cabin service?
- A personal welcome and thanks?

I'd say that if we use the above metrics I'm recognized on around half of my flights, they are generally in Club or higher. So no change compared to the last decade as a Gold.
As a back of the bus flyer, when it does happen it sometimes (I hesitate to say often) has more tangible benefits. I've had amenity kits, bags of CW nuts, bottles of water etc before, a few weeks back I was flying to PRG in ET and was even offered afternoon tea from (a sparsely populated) CE cabin which was a real surprise, even though I turned it down!.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.