Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Gold Greetings becoming more frequent?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
Are Gold Greetings becoming more frequent?

Prior to December I'd taken about 130 – 140 flights in 2018, and had roughly 3 gold greetings. So far in December I’ve taken 8 flights and had a total of 8 greetings – including one where just prior to push back the CSM came and asked if I would prefer an empty row in CE rather than my assigned seat in ET.Has something changed? This increase in frequency can’t be a coincidence!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Not for me. 1 out of the last 4, and that one was a bit half hearted.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: BA GGL
Not here either. 1 in about the last 30 BA sectors or so...
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Certainly not for me. There was a short period where the frequency increased maybe 6 months ago but generally total radio silence from the CSMs and I’m doing 2 - 4 sectors per week in ET at the moment. I think my last greeting was 4 months ago.

Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I agree with OP. 30 sectors in 2018. I would say 80% yes and 100% in a premium cabin. I always have something to greet the crew at the door. Always with an F lounge induced smile. Maybe that helps.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:10 am

Nothing for me for months. Perhaps they have me confused with Hiddy
HIDDY, T8191, 'andad and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I’ve noticed a few more of the awful “congrats” style greetings. I had a CSM telling me I was halfway to GGLFL. I replied “thanks. Only another ten years of sleep deprivation, bad food, and too much champagne then.”, which he sort of laughed at; and I’ve seen various other travellers being honoured on similar pointless milestones of late. But as for the gold greeting, no. I only get it referred to in F when the CSD comes round to all of the passengers to say hi.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
CSM on my ACE-LGW the other night couldn't stop referring to me as "a gold such as yourself" so... perhaps.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:52 am

Definitely.... on AA and CX. Never once had one flying BA.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
I have had cabin crew scattering rose petals quite a bit recently
Mikey Mike Mike and no2blues like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
No gold greetings in 4 ET sectors and 7 CE sectors since becoming gold in October.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Anyone going to comment on the fact that OP flies a ridiculous number of sectors? Holy cow, hats off to you! Perhaps I'm out of touch with the short haul frequent flyer world but that seems like an awfully high number. I fly around 60 a year (granted most international long haul)
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Only one for me in about 50 sectors this year (not that I'm complaining as I find it a little awkward). On that one occasion in ET a couple of weeks ago I was also asked 'is there anything else I can get you?' which turned out after clarification to mean would I like a drink from the CE bar. Four little bottles of wine were duly delivered for me and my travelling companion.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
I had a small peak in the summer of 3 or 4 in 6 flights but very little since. 4 flights in December and not a single one. (which I actually don't mind - unless these interactions come with a glass of champagne or other tangible benefit, which they rarely do, I am happy to miss out).
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:12 am
bil

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum
I got one from the check-in agent and the CSM (accompanied by champagne) the first day I was flying after reaching gold. None since then (2 CE sectors).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.