Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Emirates Business or British Airways First: Seattle to Cairo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Business or British Airways First: Seattle to Cairo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No it's the Club World product to CAI. Various aircraft options exist, but it's usually 787s these days, perhaps with Flub, or A321 midhauls.
Thanks CWS. I did a dummy booking for a random date and it showed a A321, so could have been either Euro or mid haul.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:40 pm

David55, British Airways haven't offered a BA F service London to Cairo for some years. It would be CW London to Cairo and the type of plane varies according to season and demand. Weigh this up when making a decision or you may be very disappointed. I've flown Emirates from Dubai to Cairo and it's satisfactory in J. The food in EK J is better than in BA F in my opinion.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by david55
It is about $50US. BA F is closer to $600US

The miles on Emirates Business is 82.5K one way. F is 150K

BA F is 80K.
Edit nevermind YQ is different to Cairo duh.

And having flown Emirates A380 but not the 777 and BA F (777/A380) I'd take BA F.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Will100
Emirates is good but on A380 but the service mixed and food pretty bad in my limited experience.
I think the food is ok, but as you say the service has been variable from my own experiences.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Will100
Definitely BA F.

Emirates is good but on A380 but the service mixed and food pretty bad in my limited experience.
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I think the food is ok, but as you say the service has been variable from my own experiences.
I guess the big advantage with BA is that you can at least count on their service standards to be 100% consistent ; as borne out by so many traveller reports here on the forum.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
In the early stages of planning a trip from SEA-CAI using miles. We will have enough to fly Emirates Business ( through Dubai) or British Air First (through LHR.) I am having trouble finding any comparisons and wonder if there is a " no-brainer" answer on this? The Emirates flight adds about 3.5 hours flying time, most of that SEA-Dubai.

Thoughts?
BA service LHR-CAI is once daily on a 321. No F. It's a five hour flight. I've done the reverse in J, CAI-LHR, it was fine. I'd take the BA option. EK J is waaay overrated.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by subject2load
I guess the big advantage with BA is that you can at least count on their service standards to be 100% consistent ; as borne out by so many traveller reports here on the forum.
Indeed. Even the OP stated above he's always had enjoyable BA F experiences. ^

BA F it is then.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Indeed. Even the OP stated above he's always had enjoyable BA F experiences. ^

BA F it is then.
Says the flyer with vast, up-to-date, experience of both carriers.

You’re too funny HIDDY
SW7London likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO; DL GLD
It is about $50US. BA F is closer to $600US

The miles on Emirates Business is 82.5K one way. F is 150K

BA F is 80K.
One thing to consider before booking BA is applying that $550 difference in taxes and fees towards buying additional miles on Alaska and flying Emirates in F if it’s available. Alaska is doing a bonus up to 50% on mileage purchases through 21 Dec.

Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Also, is their actually any F avios seats available for the dates you want to fly?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
In the early stages of planning a trip from SEA-CAI using miles. We will have enough to fly Emirates Business ( through Dubai) or British Air First (through LHR.) I am having trouble finding any comparisons and wonder if there is a " no-brainer" answer on this? The Emirates flight adds about 3.5 hours flying time, most of that SEA-Dubai.

Thoughts?
Does BA have First on the LHR CAI segment. Was under the impression they used the A321 or 788 on that route which do not have First.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: RFC
BA or EQ, out of SEA with AS miles? Is Air France not an option?! I've always found their J product very pleasant. Cathy, if you wanted to go the opposite direction, would be more pleasant than either BA or EQ too.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:20 pm

Interesting observations above including from some clearly who use neither airline. Reality is neither option is ideal.

As far as I'm aware BA don't even do F between Cairo and London. No issues if you get a 787 or mid haul A321, a bit grim if you end up being substituted with CE with what is basically economy seating.

The fees and taxes on BA will likely be significantly more than EK too with the "carrier surcharge" coming into play. Upthread suggests about $500pp. Depends on traveller's pocket but if a family are travelling then you are into the thousands.

On the other hand EK basically involves flying 4 hours in what is effectively the wrong direction.

Plus J on the 777s is certainly not what it is on the 380s.

Best suggestion here is probably to go with the itinerary that suits where the OP wants to be and when.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by BA6948
Does BA have First on the LHR CAI segment. Was under the impression they used the A321 or 788 on that route which do not have First.
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
BA service LHR-CAI is once daily on a 321. No F. It's a five hour flight. I've done the reverse in J, CAI-LHR, it was fine. I'd take the BA option. EK J is waaay overrated.
Right. No F.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thoughts?
The problem with EK is that you have to fly an extra 2000 miles which I would expect to take more than an extra 3.5 hours flying

Outside of that there is no way that I would fly BA if EK was available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.