Search

LHR-YYZ equipment change - seat in F?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
LHR-YYZ equipment change - seat in F?

Hi

I am booked to travel to YYZ on the 29th December on what was a 788 3 class flight in Club. Email today advises me of a seat change - MMB shows the same seat but now shows flight as 777 and seat map very weird and not able to choose any different seat. Expertflyer reveals the flight is now the 17 seat F 4 class 777 and all F is blocked out. Does anyone know if the MMB seat map problem is simply because BA have not updated site to reflect equipment change and will I as a Gold be able to snag an F seat or will that section just remain closed off?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
if you search for FLUB there are several threads that explain how you might be able to get to sit in F (but with CW service) But BA will only open F up if CW is overbooked
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You may be able to, it depends on loads. By all means keep an eye on it, but if it doesn't look like a full flight and you are happy with your seat you need to think long and hard about this, since if you move you may not recover your previous seat. In short, Flub will only be used if they absolutely have to do so to get all CW accommodated. Do a search on Flub for the many experiences of this, it's quite a common occurrence these days.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I’m on the same flight the day before and was also notified today. I had selected 3K on the 788 while still Silver and was moved to the 772 CW cabin today. I wasn’t expecting to be reseated at more than T-7 as a Bronze so that was a nice surprise (the flying dorm not so much..).

My MMB seat map is also looking weird and is only showing a three blocked row 5 seats.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC gold (silver most of the time), ex-bmi (RIP) ex-silver, and a fistful of Amexes
We have planes booked for YYZ for May: they did the same equipment switch in reverse, we had booked on the 777 but they swapped in a plastic plane. I don't think it was well publicised so managed to get better seats (albeit still within CW). It feels like BA is still deciding what sort of route they want Toronto to be... and not coming to any conclusions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.