Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early Check in at Changi question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by MisterTanaka

Not any longer. Now Grab is your friend throughout Southeast Asia.
True. In fact you reminded me that I shared a ride with a friend, at Kuching airport a couple of weeks ago using Grab (less than half the price of a ‘conventional’ taxi)
MisterTanaka likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Plus the conventional taxis are cheap, to begin with!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
‘Twas MYR11 for a 25 min ride into town
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:12 pm

Departure, GST Refunds, Security - Singapore Changi Airport

early checkin for ba
LocationT1, ECI Lounge (Behind T1 Row 5)
Early Check-In TimeUp to 12 hrs before departure, available from 0600hrs to 2359hrs

Last edited by paperwastage; Dec 12, 2018 at 4:24 pm
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by jerub
Yes, but a bit picky about destination. A request for somewhere they don't want to go (into town in the rush hour) will often be met with a "sorry, I have a pre-booking" and off they go. Theoretically they're not allowed to reject fares, but practically it's difficult to police, also at a peak period the queuing for taxis can be a little chaotic as people get frustrated. Grab is a bit more certain.

Can't see a mention of Kuching (my wife's home town) without recommending Foody Goody, which by common local consent has the best youtiao (a sort of fried doughnut style bread, fresh, warm and absolutely delicious) and Sarawak laksa in the area. They don't always sell the bread, it depends when the stall holder is there, but it's at least every other day, and dipping that into laksa sauce while sipping a local Kopi-c kosong (creamy coffee without sugar) is one of my absolutely favourite things.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Foody...57251014327115
subject2load likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by jerub
If you're talking about Singapore, then it depends what time of day you are talking about and from where.

Between 6pm - midnight, add 25% to the metered fare.
If your journey is from the city area, then add $3
If you use the app to book, add $3.30 again
If you pass Electronic Road Pricing gantries, then add $2-$4 per gantry.....

If you are looking for another app, I can suggest tada - during peak periods it is cheaper than the taxi or Grab
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Personally I'd leave my bags with the concierge and enjoy my day in the city. Then head to the airport around 7.30pm to use the showers in between the Australia transit passenger rushes and enjoy a couple of drinks and some food - don't forget you can use the Qantas lounge as well for a change of scene
Depending on the hotel you are staying at, many of the decent hotels will allow you to use their facilities to shower at the end of the day even after you check out.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
You're looking for the SATS premium check in lounge, about halfway down the check in area at the back wall. It's worth a few hours in the lounge / Concorde bar but agree with others that lounge isn't good enough to justify not seeing an extra bit of Singapore while you have the opportunity!
Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Sadly early check in for F or any other class is no more. BA has enhanced it away. Oddly Qantas and Malaysian received different feedback and are still paying for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.