Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early Check in at Changi question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue :-) AA Gold Million Miler; Accor Platinum; IHG Spire Elite Ambassador;
Early Check in at Changi question

I wonder if anyone can help, we are flying in First from Singapore but the flight doesn't depart until 22.55.

Can we get checked in early or does check-in open 3 hours before departure?

We are happy to sit in a nice lounge for more than a few hours but previous experience of checking in early for return flights home have seen check in not opening until 3 hours before the flight (from memory, Sydney and Seattle) so does anyone know if this is also the case at Changi airport?

Basically, we can have a late (4pm) hotel checkout but that would still leave us nearly four hours to kill. We would rather get to the airport then, get checked in, dump our baggage and get quaffing some champagne!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
From memory, I believe there's a First lounge type / premium area behind the check in desks where you can drop luggage and check in hours before your flight
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:05 am

No problem, up to 12hrs before departure at the premium check-in area. It is the best airport in the world, after all!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue :-) AA Gold Million Miler; Accor Platinum; IHG Spire Elite Ambassador;
Originally Posted by Bullswood
No problem, up to 12hrs before departure at the premium check-in area. It is the best airport in the world, after all!
Brilliant, thanks for this, much appreciated!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:08 am

Personally I'd leave my bags with the concierge and enjoy my day in the city. Then head to the airport around 7.30pm to use the showers in between the Australia transit passenger rushes and enjoy a couple of drinks and some food - don't forget you can use the Qantas lounge as well for a change of scene
bisonrav likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
If you're spending a lot of time there don't forget to visit the butterfly garden, cinema and outside swimming pool!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Both, the QF as well as the BA lounge (including the Concorde bar) are nothing special. I would recommend getting a nice dinner in town and then head out to Changi.

Even the best airport in the world is still just an airport.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Both, the QF as well as the BA lounge (including the Concorde bar) are nothing special. I would recommend getting a nice dinner in town and then head out to Changi.

Even the best airport in the world is still just an airport.
Seconded !

If we were talking about a grotty city, then an early check-in would be good. But with the very pleasant environs of Singapore - and its excellent eateries - on hand, it seems a shame to be stuck in a lounge for a long stretch.

Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Pack
If you're spending a lot of time there don't forget to visit the butterfly garden, cinema and outside swimming pool!
What's that about ? Details ?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
What's that about ? Details ?
Some of many facilities available airside at Terminal 1... which include this outdoor pool, which can be nice for daytime transits.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by subject2load

Seconded !

If we were talking about a grotty city, then an early check-in would be good. But with the very pleasant environs of Singapore - and its excellent eateries - on hand, it seems a shame to be stuck in a lounge for a long stretch.

Noted. Thanks, that sounds like a plan!
subject2load likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
If you stay in the city and travel out to the airport by taxi, just be careful with the taxi as on some days it can get very busy and finding a taxi from some of the more popular spots can be difficult.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@pennineuk - taxi problems in Singapore ..... ??

Uber is your friend !
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Silver, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
You can actually check in 24 hours in advance. I recently checked in the night before for an evening flight as I had meetings right up to normal check in time and didnt want to deal with bags all day.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by subject2load

Uber is your friend !
Not any longer. Now Grab is your friend throughout Southeast Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.