Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA bonus Avios technical issue

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:45 am
Original Poster

BA bonus Avios technical issue

As the title says, BA has had a technical issue with the awarding of the bonus Avios. Mrs rapidex and I went LGW-MLA-LGW, and only recieved the bonus for the return flight. On contacting BA they resolved the issue and admitted there was a technical problem.

I have no idea of the extent of this problem, but if you are missing any of your bonus Avios from the current promotion, contact BA and they will sort it.^
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
My LGW-AMS-LGW flights at the end of November posted OK.

Did you make any changes to the outbound as that could have been the cause?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
How long should one wait for the bonus Avios to post? Nothing 9 days after the flight for my last trip.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
None of the flights I UuA’d or POUG’d (5 flights) had the bonus Avios come through - so def need to get onto BA about that.

Pilot37
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I've had some post, some haven't. The ones I have POUG'ed haven't posted. Thanks for the reminder!

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
How long should one wait for the bonus Avios to post? Nothing 9 days after the flight for my last trip.
They normally post within a day of the qualifying flight posting in my experience
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just noticed today that they had stopped posting for my last flight. I think it was capped at 10 flights so I had 8 up until the end of November but nothing for December.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:35 am

I didn't get bonus for a flight I AUP'd, filed missing Avios claim it said everything has been posted. Guess have to give them a call too.
But tricky one is the booking I had on hold for 72h and technically paid for after the promotion started, no bonus posted though, wouldn't hurt to ask

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.