Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA142 DEL-LHR at 3am. OLCI, early access airside and AUPs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

I did a forum search and did not find an answer

1. Can you OLCI?
2. If not any strategy to get air-side much earlier 10pm would be fine. e.g is there a BA ticketing desk that can handle HBO check in?
3. Options to AUP if not heading to normal checkin at normal times (3 hours before?)
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Red, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Priority Pass,
I didn’t think OLCI was available in India, at least it wasn’t at Hyderabad.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG
I was on this flight last friday. Checked in online but could not downlod boarding pass in the app.

I arrived at airport around 11 pm and desk was open, quick to check in and there was fast track security. Beware though that lounge is not a great place to spend time: hot, poor food, crowded, filthy toilets etc.

I have been offered upgrades for cash at airport on this flight before, as well as getting a free upgrade once from WT to WTP as a lowly blue!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:50 am

Sorry I meant not being able to download the boarding pass. Under Indian law, you won’t be allowed in to the airport unless you can show a paper copy of the ticket (or bizarrely I think, you buy a guest ticket to see people off etc).
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Perhaps someone can help me with a similar issue... I have a flight leaving Delhi at 23:10. When will I be able to check in and go through to airside/lounge? Is it 3 hrs before... so 20:10?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do from say, 14:00 to the time I can check in?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
Perhaps someone can help me with a similar issue... I have a flight leaving Delhi at 23:10. When will I be able to check in and go through to airside/lounge? Is it 3 hrs before... so 20:10?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do from say, 14:00 to the time I can check in?
From all my experiences at BOM, I usually check in around 10.30pm for a 2.30am flight. Never had a problem entering the airport that early
As to what to do for the time prior to checking in.. why not take a taxi tour of New Delhi and old Delhi, Punjabi food is Delhi is amazing, so go eat
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by sahajesh
Sorry I meant not being able to download the boarding pass. Under Indian law, you won’t be allowed in to the airport unless you can show a paper copy of the ticket (or bizarrely I think, you buy a guest ticket to see people off etc).
I've done it a couple of times by showing my itinerary on my phone. I simply didn't have a paper copy and they didn't have a problem with that.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: BA GfL
Forget the lounge, you won't miss anything. You're better off sitting in the waiting area and watching a movie (which I did). Delhi airport has land side and air side hotels (Holiday Inn Express) and, if I recall correctly, are available on short time basis.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I've done it a couple of times by showing my itinerary on my phone. I simply didn't have a paper copy and they didn't have a problem with that.
You’ve been lucky, or me unlucky - Hyderabad airport security have insisted on the paper copy (which I have had just in case).
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
OLCI worked fine. "Get on APP" not offered so printed at hotel. Went to airport early (DEL unlike BOM lounges are crap, but needed to sit down and work and not many options at 8p, not like I could have that late of a check out).

Printed BP got me though the door. BP say the requisite "you can go straight to security".

Went, no go, they demanded a proper airport printed BP (no logic, but let's assume those are the rules).

SO WHY does BA offer us the option to print a BP (or not clarify in the app, you may print this BP but it is useless)

Went to info desk every half hour and they kept trying to call BA staff (also called BA reservations to see if they can help, of course not). After 2 hours they answered and said they would come in 10 mins to get me through. Materialised 30 min later (basically to prep for check in, didn't actually do me a favour). Talked to manager, he said it happens all the time. So why does BA not clarify it/change the OLCI system for DEL? No answer (they were very nice)
Reminds me of Seinfeld and the rental reservation. "you know how to take the reservation, just don't know how to hold the reservation, which is the important part...."

"you know how to offer OLCI, you just don't know how to implement it, which is the important part"

Obviously I deserve 100,000 Avios (plus interest). (jokes aside, shame on BA as this happens all the time)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.