Wiki Posts
Search

Drugs in my BA Holiday Villa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
Drugs in my BA Holiday Villa

I have recently returned from a BA Package Holiday to Orlando.

As the title says I found a bag of Drugs in my Disney area executive Villa. And overall it was a really poor experience. From picking up the Filthy car from Avis to my extremely dirty Villa with socks and lipstick under the bed and blinds that didn't work the list is really endless.

So back on topic I found a bag of drugs (Weed) in our villa the day after we arrived I contacted the villa provider on the Sunday and they came on the Monday, confirmed it was Weed and told me they cant remove it as it has to be the local police they took some pictures and hung around, police arrived put their little blue gloves on done some tests and removed it. I know some of you will be thinking its only a little weed why did you not bin it, My simple answer is I had a 2 year old with me, what if she had found it and I was pretty angry that she could have potentially found it. I've sent an email to BA to tell them about my experience but I'm expecting the copy and paste reply that they don't provide the villas its a secondary company blah blah blah.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

On a positive note the flights in WTP where superb and I cant speak highly enough of the updated 777-200 cabins and I made sure I told BA all about my Excellent experience onboard.

Cheers,

Colnic2011
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Colnic2011
I have recently returned from a BA Package Holiday to Orlando.

As the title says I found a bag of Drugs in my Disney area executive Villa. And overall it was a really poor experience. From picking up the Filthy car from Avis to my extremely dirty Villa with socks and lipstick under the bed and blinds that didn't work the list is really endless.

So back on topic I found a bag of drugs (Weed) in our villa the day after we arrived I contacted the villa provider on the Sunday and they came on the Monday, confirmed it was Weed and told me they cant remove it as it has to be the local police they took some pictures and hung around, police arrived put their little blue gloves on done some tests and removed it. I know some of you will be thinking its only a little weed why did you not bin it, My simple answer is I had a 2 year old with me, what if she had found it and I was pretty angry that she could have potentially found it. I've sent an email to BA to tell them about my experience but I'm expecting the copy and paste reply that they don't provide the villas its a secondary company blah blah blah.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

On a positive note the flights in WTP where superb and I cant speak highly enough of the updated 777-200 cabins and I made sure I told BA all about my Excellent experience onboard.

Cheers,

Colnic2011
Sorry to hear thst i e never had any issues on a BA holiday apart from flights cancelled by a hurricane. The 24 hrs BA Holiday helpdesk are amazing, Did you give them a call ?
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
I'm guessing a GCH would find some cocaine instead?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:38 am
Original Poster

I contacted BA social media team on the Sunday night they gave me the details for the holiday helpdesk.

My plan was to contact them Monday AM but as Ocean Holidays phoned me first thing Monday I didn't see it as a priority and sent an email on my return to the UK.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:39 am

If you do get compensated with Avios, please let us know what the weed-Avios exchange rate is.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by Mordac
I'm guessing a GCH would find some cocaine instead?
I guess so. I shouldn't be but I'm laughing at this response. I'm pretty sure Weed wasn't included in the welcome pack just bread, Milk and the usual stuff......

Pesky silver that I am haha.
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dubh
If you do get compensated with Avios, please let us know what the weed-Avios exchange rate is.
I genuinely am not expecting any compensation, I just wanted to raise this issue with the Team.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Also found a small bag of what I assumed to be weed in a hotel on a BA holidays booking. I just put it in a bin outside the room and didn’t even consider contacting BA or BA hols.

no drama.

Not saying the OP is wrong but it just seemed the easiest way to get on with my holiday.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Also found a small bag of what I assumed to be weed in a hotel on a BA holidays booking. I just put it in a bin outside the room and didn’t even consider contacting BA or BA hols.

no drama.

Not saying the OP is wrong but it just seemed the easiest way to get on with my holiday.
I might have done similar, but if I had one, I can imagine being horrified to think that my 2 year-old might have found it, and not being in a mood to let it go easily.

Also wouldn’t be terribly keen on doing something not by the book and risking over-zealous law enforcement consequences in a foreign country especially.
so3003, wrp96, florens and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:15 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Is the villa run/owned by BA? If not, why isn't this a problem of the resort operator?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It sounds like something for the Daily Mail to get outraged about.

It could have easily gone wrong and the OP would have found himself with a US criminal record and probably banned from entering the country.
Fraser, orbitmic, so3003 and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc
Is the villa run/owned by BA? If not, why isn't this a problem of the resort operator?
I don't think there is any harm in letting BA know that as part of a package I booked with BA (Not Ocean holidays) that there was a problem with the accommodation provided. if you are putting your name to something would you not want to be informed about certain circumstances that could damage you?? I know I would. I know BA don't own the villa but they work with the company that do. And my email to them was to tell them about my experience of my BA booking.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I know we can probably laugh about it, and marijuana is now legalised in many parts of the USA anyway under various conditions, but yes, there are also a range of very bad outcomes here. I personally don't have sufficient confidence that this could never be pinged on to the OP, in which case the results could be devastating.

The basic problem here is that the villa was not cleaned with sufficient vigour between bookings, and the BA dimension here is that they have a property on their hands where the housekeeping was not to standard, it wasn't just the weed. Now it may have been a one-off - the villa company had some appalling guests beforehand, who perhaps checked out very late and giving only a short window before the OP and family arrived. And they rushed the housekeeping as a result. Even appalling guests tend to want to retain their stash (I suppose) so that scenario - if a one-off - is what it is. But let's say there are a pattern of complaints against this resort - in which case BA had better take them off the list until the management sort themselves out.

So I agree with KeaneJohn that you should call / Skype BA Holidays (not BA's contact centre) at your earliest convenient opportunity and discuss this on the lines of "does this villa company have a bad track record?". Personally I think this is the sort of thing which after the event is very difficult to remedy - having police tramping around your holiday isn't very relaxing to say the least and the damage is done. But feel free to suggest remedies to BA Holidays. At the lowest end you could perhaps suggest you take your family to a morale boosting supper with BA taking the tab, but with BA then billing it on to the villa owner.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I know we can probably laugh about it, and marijuana is now legalised in many parts of the USA anyway under various conditions, but yes, there are also a range of very bad outcomes here. I personally don't have sufficient confidence that this could never be pinged on to the OP, in which case the results could be devastating.

The basic problem here is that the villa was not cleaned with sufficient vigour between bookings, and the BA dimension here is that they have a property on their hands where the housekeeping was not to standard, it wasn't just the weed. Now it may have been a one-off - the villa company had some appalling guests beforehand, who perhaps checked out very late and giving only a short window before the OP and family arrived. And they rushed the housekeeping as a result. Even appalling guests tend to want to retain their stash (I suppose) so that scenario - if a one-off - is what it is. But let's say there are a pattern of complaints against this resort - in which case BA had better take them off the list until the management sort themselves out.

So I agree with KeaneJohn that you should call / Skype BA Holidays (not BA's contact centre) at your earliest convenient opportunity and discuss this on the lines of "does this villa company have a bad track record?". Personally I think this is the sort of thing which after the event is very difficult to remedy - having police tramping around your holiday isn't very relaxing to say the least and the damage is done. But feel free to suggest remedies to BA Holidays. At the lowest end you could perhaps suggest you take your family to a morale boosting supper with BA taking the tab, but with BA then billing it on to the villa owner.
Funnily enough the company who manage the property slipped up and said the previous occupant was actually the owner of the villa then they went a little bit sheepish and said they cant say any more about it, I didn't push and they gave me that info without me asking.

Thanks for your response.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by sxc
BA Holidays is a tour operator and in the UK that means it is principal to the consumer. The responsibility of dealing with the service provider for any liability on falls on them, not the consumer, though of course the consumer can contact the service provider to deal with issues on the spot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.