Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

“Lounge access for up to 5 guests when you fly” [Targetted] offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Received this offer via email - 5 gusts with me...

just a shame I’m travelling alone.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Who was the offer from? Not BA?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Dates?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by teledude
Dates?
Surely no-one travels with five dates?

#chapeau
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Surely no-one travels with five dates?

#chapeau
I'd be surprised if the BA catering department load as many as five on their GCC routes.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Sorry, upto 5 guests when I travel LHR - GLA this Friday afternoon (14th Dec). Received via Email.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I'd be surprised if the BA catering department load as many as five on their GCC routes.
But very common ex-GCC
Wozza2404 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Text of email:

Dear KARFA

To say thank you for being one of our most valued Executive Club Members, here’s a ‘Gift Box’ for you to open this Christmas.

Treat up to 5 guests travelling with you to lounge access, when you fly with us between 14 December 2018 and 6 January 2019.

Christmas is a time of sharing with friends and family. So we hope you all enjoy the lounge’s facilities – and a more festive way to start your journey.
Terms & conditions:

This offer is only available to you, it is linked to your individual Executive Club membership, and is not transferable.

Whilst we will make every endeavour to accommodate your guests, additional lounge access is subject to capacity and limited to a maximum of five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (in addition to any partner card access).

Should your first choice of lounge not be available you may be asked to use the business class lounge.

Valid only for dedicated British Airways departure lounges and not in partner operated lounges. This offer is limited to British Airways operated flights.

This extended access does not apply to The Concorde Room.

Guest travelling from London Heathrow Terminal 5 may use The First Wing.

Due to limited capacity at London Heathrow Terminal 3 and all worldwide airports, additional guests will be asked to use standard security lanes.

This offer is for a limited period only from the 14 December 2018 to 6 January 2019. Please note that from 7 January 2019, our standard Guest Access Policy will apply.

For all other flights, including oneworld® carriers, standard Guest Access Policy applies.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
An explicit term is included that the CCR is excluded from the offer this time round. Shame; I've had luck on that front on previous promotions.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Not targetted at me

Not that I intend to fly anywhere between now and January anyway, but a salutary reminder of my place in BA's esteem
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Intersting. The wording suggests that I can take my family into the first lounge. This offer comes out most Xmas and Easter but I’m sure before my 5 guests had to the taken to GC even though I was gold.......
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Depending on how many got the email, Is it likely to cause over-crowding in the lounges?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
its a useless offer for us. the flounge is busy enough as is, plus it excludes the CCR. They been doing this on and off for the last year or so,

but if you have a family or business people with you , pretty cool. But they need to expand the lounge .... toooo busy. Even LAX flagship is less busy and thats saying something
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Fontana
Depending on how many got the email, Is it likely to cause over-crowding in the lounges?
No, BA only do it because corporate travel is significantly lower this time of year, translating into emptier lounges
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
It'll be carnage in the Flounge...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.