FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   “Lounge access for up to 5 guests when you fly” [Targetted] offer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1945206-lounge-access-up-5-guests-when-you-fly-targetted-offer.html)

aceman Dec 11, 2018 12:34 pm

I'm a little unclear if the OPs offer differs from Kafra's? From what op wrote it seemed his was valid for his flight today, whereas Kafra's is open for any travel between those dates.

I havent had an email, and I have a flight coming up on the 21st from LGW, and I actually have 3 friends on the same flight, so it would be handy, not unbelievably, because we're all in CE, but nice.

Last year with the same offer, there wasn't an issue at all in the LGW lounge, hardly anyone there at all.

Takiteasy Dec 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo (Post 30523611)
its a useless offer for us. the flounge is busy enough as is, plus it excludes the CCR. They been doing this on and off for the last year or so,

but if you have a family or business people with you , pretty cool. But they need to expand the lounge .... toooo busy. Even LAX flagship is less busy and thats saying something

Killjoy 😀

stewaran Dec 11, 2018 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by flyuk (Post 30523754)
It'll be carnage in the Flounge...

That would not match my experiences last Xmas and Easter, (once I was allowed 9 guests offered proactively by check-in staff), lounge was still empty in comparison to almost every other visit

flyuk Dec 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by stewaran (Post 30523820)
That would not match my experiences last Xmas and Easter, (once I was allowed 9 guests offered proactively by check-in staff), lounge was still empty in comparison to almost every other visit

Let's hope it's not. Every single time I've been in recently it's been rammed, stuffy and loud. The balcony was the only place for a little peace and quiet.

pomkiwi Dec 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Nothing for me. I (Gold for a little longer) fly to Kef and Mrs PK (silver) plus adult daughter (no staus) fly to Madrid 90 minutes later on Friday. Would have been nice to have all been able to enjoy a breakfast in the F lounge. Not surprised not to have received it and just another example of BA's love for me after being told to get stuffed after the data loss.

NeilP Dec 11, 2018 1:03 pm

@aceman, I re-read the mail and it’s specific to the one flight.

Treat up to 5 guests travelling with you to lounge access at Glasgow, before your departure to London on 15 December 2018.

The above text is different to the email title which says when I fly to Glasgow, not from Glasgow.

Lounge access for up to 5 guests when you fly to Glasgow

SpeedbirdLHR Dec 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by aceman (Post 30523805)
I'm a little unclear if the OPs offer differs from Kafra's? From what op wrote it seemed his was valid for his flight today, whereas Kafra's is open for any travel between those dates.

I havent had an email, and I have a flight coming up on the 21st from LGW, and I actually have 3 friends on the same flight, so it would be handy, not unbelievably, because we're all in CE, but nice.

Last year with the same offer, there wasn't an issue at all in the LGW lounge, hardly anyone there at all.

From memory, there is a difference between the offer to regular Gold ECH and GGL members. The op appears to be Gold while Kafra is GGL.

aceman Dec 11, 2018 1:40 pm

very interesting, I dont recall a difference last year between ggl and gold? I was just plain gold last year, and my invite was between a range, of dates, not a specific flight. No matter, since I have no offer at all this year!

However I do think it makes sense, as a form of capacity control, some days where they know they'll be busy not to allow 5 guests.

gilfiom Dec 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by ajeleonard (Post 30523725)
No, BA only do it because corporate travel is significantly lower this time of year, translating into emptier lounges

So let us enjoy some quieter lounges then - it would be nice for once to find a seat when i'm travelling with my significant other!

bambinomartino Dec 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Approach 5 random strangers to see if they'd each pay 10 quid for lounge access. Use the cash to bring something nice back to the missus. Like a few kilos of haggis.

subject2load Dec 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyuk (Post 30523847)
Let's hope it's not. Every single time I've been in recently it's been rammed, stuffy and loud. The balcony was the only place for a little peace and quiet.

Originally Posted by bambinomartino (Post 30524822)
Approach 5 random strangers to see if they'd each pay 10 quid for lounge access. Use the cash to bring something nice back to the missus. Like a few kilos of haggis.

And prepare to be surprised when all five say :
£10 ? Are you serious ? I’m actually entitled to use it for free, mate. But when I saw how crowded it was, I decided to come out into the main concourse to find somewhere to sit” :
:(

HIDDY Dec 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Clever piece of marketing. Well done BA. ^

TravellerFrequently Dec 12, 2018 11:13 am

No email for me but would not be of much use anyway.

pomkiwi Dec 12, 2018 11:54 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 30525105)
Clever piece of marketing. Well done BA. ^

Not really. I have a gold card and fly with BA on Friday. No offer to me (and I could have used it). Emphasised my complete lack value to BA on top of their response (general and personal tothe dat breach). As a result £8k of flight bookings have gone to other airlines that previously I would probably have placed with BA. And yes - had they felt like spoiling me this week that might have made a difference.

callum9999 Dec 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by pomkiwi (Post 30528044)
Not really. I have a gold card and fly with BA on Friday. No offer to me (and I could have used it). Emphasised my complete lack value to BA on top of their response (general and personal tothe dat breach). As a result £8k of flight bookings have gone to other airlines that previously I would probably have placed with BA. And yes - had they felt like spoiling me this week that might have made a difference.

A computer algorithm decided who got the offer... BA aren't deliberately slighting you, and I wish people would stop acting like they're being personally targeted when things don't go their way. You're not special, no-one in BA knows who you are.