Wiki Posts
Search

Flight to BOM

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
Flight to BOM

wow - just did a return trip to BOM on the 777-200 - what a mess of a plane.

was in CW and the screens were completely
unusuable, lavatories in a bad state and the general condition of the seats awful.

Staff were generally disinterested and hid away despite people pressing the call button

really disappointing
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
They’re an embarassment. Year 2000 seats and the relic from the 90s Rockwell Collins IFE system. However, I’d still prefer to fly one of these on BA than the Air India alternative or ‘make up the timetable as you go along’ Jet.
kosy91 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by cameramaker
They’re an embarassment. Year 2000 seats and the relic from the 90s Rockwell Collins IFE system. However, I’d still prefer to fly one of these on BA than the Air India alternative or ‘make up the timetable as you go along’ Jet.
Even compared to an AI 787...?! The old BA 777s are horrible.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, and others
Originally Posted by London21
wow - just did a return trip to BOM on the 777-200 - what a mess of a plane.

was in CW and the screens were completely
unusuable, lavatories in a bad state and the general condition of the seats awful.

Staff were generally disinterested and hid away despite people pressing the call button

really disappointing
unfortunately the staff issues, esp. ignoring the call button, is far too common on Ba. another year of 50+ flights for me and some of the worst crew were definitely BA — across roughly 15 airlines.

That said, some of the best crews were also on BA; for some reason, BA has the biggest “spread” in that sense, whereas on other carries you can generally go in and expect and get a pretty predictable (and good) service.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Virazuno
Even compared to an AI 787...?! The old BA 777s are horrible.
The problem with the AI 787 is that while the aircraft might be an improvement over what went before, you still get the same crew and ground experience. People will (justifiably) go to considerable lengths to avoid that, especially on journeys that involve transfers in Delhi.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:19 am

Sounds like a total joyous experience and something to look forward to!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I love operating flights to India, they maybe more challenging but great fun as well.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:17 am

It’s amazing how there is no middle ground it’s either tremendously good flights or so bad that I am amazed everybody has arrived in one piece! For me 99% of all BA flights have been good experiences in the air with one incidence of bad management on the ground (ie letting economy passengers on first whilst club made to wait - when I commented she said can’t you see they all are disabled and have children at which point I said that they seemed fairly mature and able bodied to me, and was promptly told to look again!’ Needless to say I complained and received 10,000 avios)
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I love operating flights to India, they maybe more challenging but great fun as well.
What makes these flights to India more challenging? I had an amazing flight to BOM in F last year.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
None of the following are problems but the combination makes the flights more challenging.
The number of non English speaking customers.
The number of elderly customers.
The number of families with infants and small children.
The amount of handbaggage carried.
The variety and quantities of special meals to deliver.

ID90_J likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Lewis King
What makes these flights to India more challenging? I had an amazing flight to BOM in F last year.
Thank you it’s great when people say positive things about BA premium flights...
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: Meh
also did return in CW to BOM last week. The entertainment and seat are utterly outdated and the plane was 19 years old. Cleanliness was also questionable as was the food. Club kitchen on way back to LHR amounted to crisps and water.
But I did get very luck with the crew. Best crew I had in years actually.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
It's true, these old 777-200s are awful. I did a return to BOM last month, out on the 199/198 rotation but in on the 139/138. They tend to use the 77W for the latter so try and get that next time if it works with you schedule!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.