Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G-NEOR Movements

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Beaulieu
3 normal. When compared to the 321ceo, doors 1, 3 and 4 are as is. Doors 2 replaced with the small overwing.
​​​​​​
Ah, yes... My old mincers ain't what they used to be Thanks
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Observations on G NEOR BA 1446 LHR-EDI 11 Nov

Hi,

I was in 2A on this flight,

Observations,

Not much difference in Club Europe regarding seat pitch or seat size.
New style seats. Middle seat imn CE now has no cover over the arm rests so is now juat an empty seat.
Aircraft was spotless
Green cover on the safety card ( states A321 neo and now has 3 types of doors A, B, C ( overwing exit doors)
No overhead displays ( ie no map but also no safety video as it is done manually)
Lifejackets are the clip type rather than the tying kind
Power sockets were below the seat on the right hand side of 2A.
It looks a long way back from 2A to the new overwing exit compared to the old A321 door 2
Aircraft seemed quieter
Crew were obviously seemed to be getting used to the aircraft- a lot of activity prior to departure and some banging from the galley.
As we were taxiing out there was a ticking noise from the galley which was quite loud but stopped prior to take off.

Service seemed to take a long time to get started once airborne. Despite having 5 rows of CE and 2 crew we were served well into the flght and was still eating when we started our decent- service was rushed with little interaction or friendly chat and no offers of refills ( just clearing the trays away)
Lights were not fully dimmed for landing ( it may have been dimmed a notch as I noticed a slight increase in brightness once at the gate but as we landed the cabin was well lit ( and did not hear the customary call out on this)

And ( this is probably not the aircraft fault ) and a truely British First world problem.....

No Scones for the afternoon tea service ( the trays had jam and cream ) were offered . I asked as the trays were taken away if there were any but the Purser said there were not any.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Dec 11, 2018 at 12:31 pm
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by clubeurope
They were clearly excited that it was a new plane, but disliked the fact that "there are more seats and the same amount of crew".
Did they say how many extra crew they wanted for the addition of those 2 extra seats?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:43 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Airprox
Did they say how many extra crew they wanted for the addition of those 2 extra seats?
nah, though now knowing that there are only two extra seats (thanks!), I kind of think that it's a bit cheeky for them to have said that
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:15 pm

Presumably compared to a (now extinct) non-densified A321 !
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:30 pm

Go back a mere 5 years to a more civilised time and there were only 188 seats filling the same space!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
3 normal. When compared to the 321ceo, doors 1, 3 and 4 are as is. Doors 2 replaced with the small overwing.
Some operators have 2 overwing exits (for the high density layout up to 240 (AFAIK) seats. In fact, I believe it is the standard, but 1 can be covered, as is the case with BA.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
The A320neo have two over wing exits. Are you saying on the A321neo they have covered one of them up? Seems a bit strange.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by jday
The A320neo have two over wing exits. Are you saying on the A321neo they have covered one of them up? Seems a bit strange.

Comparing with the A20N is pointless as the A320 only has a front and rear door + 2 overwing exits, just like the ceo. We are talking about the A21N (A321neo).

The A21N has doors 1, 3 and 4 + 1 or 2 overwing exits. When you google A21N you will find some operators have 2 overwing exits (for example EasyJet), but not BA. EasyJet has 235 seats, BA 220.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jday
Indeed. L/R2 have been deleted by Airbus, it’s lighter and provides more flexibility for two-class layouts. Boarding from 2L/R is rare so it’s no great loss. (I remember BD used to use steps at LHR, but never seen it otherwise).

There are various exit permutations on the 321NX, Turkish have 8 exits in an A320 style layout with a pair of overwings and door 3 deactivated (200 is the max for this I believe). EasyJet have 10 exits and can have up to 240. I think the BA layout allows up to 230.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Currently sat on a remote gate waiting to depart for WAW. In ET, so opted for 16F, which is an exit seat.

QUELLE HORREUR: I completely forgot to check whether the seats were proper or not. And they aren’t. I’m knackered, and there are two crying babies...going to be a long flight.

However the legroom is exceptionally good - I normally bang in to the seat in front but this has, I would estimate, 30cm+ of distance to the seat back. (I’m 6ft). If I stretch my legs out my ankles are directly below the bottom of the net. It’s the best I’ve ever had.

So good and bad. But these ironing board seats are just shameful...

Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC

G-NEOR 321 Neo Row 16 (seat F) - incredible leg room; but awful new BA budget back seat.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Heading to ARN Sunday at least on a NEO not sure if on OR.

As sitting at emergency exit seats row 27 will report back if no one been there by then?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
The schedule above may have changed from when it was first published as my BA1326 1825 LHR - NCL on Saturday 22nd is now showing 32Q on MMB and also in ExpertFlyer. Hopefully I'll get to experience the NEO in all its glory.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
She’s doing 1432/1439 tomorrow - first morning flight to EDI and second return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.