Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Daily Telegraph Travel Awards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Respectfully, some posters above have slightly missed the point!

This is a ranking of airlines by customer experience generally, not just their J products. The reason SQ is number one is because they have a great Y product (even if no one on FT ever flies in it!) as well as very good products across all of the other cabins. Yes, QR have a great J product but if you told me I had to fly Y on either SQ, EK or QR with no status, I'd be taking SQ, EK then QR in that order, so this ranking makes perfect sense to me.

Finally, someone gets it!!!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:45 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The Jet2 aspect is interesting (and it is an airline I use, I think about a dozen flights so far in 2018). Almost all their staff are in-house (at NCL only the apron staff are not Jet2 employees), the staff and crew ratio is very high and they put a huge focus on face to face customer service.
A friend of a friend has recently joined Jet2 as a FO (his first job at an airline after having a PPL). Before he's allowed in the cockpit, he has to spend 6 months (I think) doing other jobs at Jet2. So, he's got 1 month on check in, and another month as a member of the cabin crew etc. So, by the time he's actually flying, he'll understand most of how the people he's working with have to cope with their day-to-day jobs.

Sounds like quite a good policy to me.

I've used Jet2 a few times over the last 2 or 3 years, and they've been very good. I just hope they don't try and expand too quickly and end up like Monarch.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I've used Jet2 a few times over the last 2 or 3 years, and they've been very good. I just hope they don't try and expand too quickly and end up like Monarch.
Jet2 has gone from around 3.5 million passengers a year to around 10 million passengers a year over the last ten years. BA's figures would be something like 33 million to 45 million over the same period. Jet2 do run a very limited number of longhaul services, in, umm, a 757. So they were offering NCL-EWR-NCL for £185 return all in (you pay Jet2, not vice versa). Their annual report looks like one of their brochures, you can't get to the EBITDA line without passing by photos of beaches and happy female passengers knocking back the sangria. But they are making solid profits with a 5% opex margin and 82% gearing, whereas IAG is 11% and 72% respectively.

So not as good as IAG but quite sustainable. It's not a Wow or Norwegian.

I don't think BA has much to learn from the likes of Norwegian or even eastJet. But I think there is a lot it could learn from Jet2.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Jet2 has gone from around 3.5 million passengers a year to around 10 million passengers a year over the last ten years. BA's figures would be something like 33 million to 45 million over the same period. Jet2 do run a very limited number of longhaul services, in, umm, a 757. So they were offering NCL-EWR-NCL for £185 return all in (you pay Jet2, not vice versa). Their annual report looks like one of their brochures, you can't get to the EBITDA line without passing by photos of beaches and happy female passengers knocking back the sangria. But they are making solid profits with a 5% opex margin and 82% gearing, whereas IAG is 11% and 72% respectively.

So not as good as IAG but quite sustainable. It's not a Wow or Norwegian.

I don't think BA has much to learn from the likes of Norwegian or even eastJet. But I think there is a lot it could learn from Jet2.
Can't beat that Yorkshire canny!

I do wonder if they play their cabin music all the way to EWR on those long haul flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.