FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   No more champagne - we’d have to open another bottle (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1944728-no-more-champagne-we-d-have-open-another-bottle.html)

Vgravity Dec 8, 2018 2:41 pm

No more champagne - we’d have to open another bottle

Very FT problem.

Asked for a second glass pre-take off in CW to CPT.

“Sorry Sir, I’d have to open another bottle, so do you mind if we don’t serve you?”

BA has gone to the dogs! ;)

OverTheHorizon Dec 8, 2018 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Vgravity (Post 30513609)
Very FT problem.

Asked for a second glass pre-take off in CW to CPT.

“Sorry Sir, I’d have to open another bottle, so do you mind if we don’t serve you?”

BA has gone to the dogs! ;)

I would certainly ask (politely) why opening another bottle would be a problem :confused: ?

madfish Dec 8, 2018 2:46 pm

Simple. If it was a question, just say you do mind and you would like another glass.

Vgravity Dec 8, 2018 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 30513628)
Simple. If it was a question, just say you do mind and you would like another glass.

it wasn’t said in a way where that might be taken well!

madfish Dec 8, 2018 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Vgravity (Post 30513633)

I certainly wouldn’t be happy with that. Passengers in F and J often board early and there is often a fair bit of time before the doors are closed. A couple of glasses of champagne is not unusual. I would certainly raise this with the CSM when/if they visit.

george77300 Dec 8, 2018 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Vgravity (Post 30513633)

That's fundamentally wrong. The crew shouldn't do that. If you pay for a service you should get the service. That seems incredibly unprofessional from the crew and maybe you should submit a complaint in and you might well get some Avios in return!

IAMORGAN Dec 8, 2018 2:59 pm

Is the service standard *a* pre departure beverage or beverages?

FlyerTalker39574 Dec 8, 2018 3:13 pm

BA is now a hard nosed cost cutting airline where the only thing that really matters is shareholder value. They know tha SAA CPT service has gone.

kanderson1965 Dec 8, 2018 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by george77300 (Post 30513646)
That's fundamentally wrong. The crew shouldn't do that. If you pay for a service you should get the service. That seems incredibly unprofessional from the crew and maybe you should submit a complaint in and you might well get some Avios in return!

It may be wrong on the customer service side, however digging a bit deeper you usually find that front line staff are constrained by the wishes of the bean counters. Paying for something is not regarded as a valid reason by said bean counters for providing it.

kanderson1965 Dec 8, 2018 4:29 pm

Deleted

Jagboi Dec 8, 2018 4:40 pm

I though the bars were segregated between the duty paid for the PDB on the ground, and duty free for inflight service? Has the duty paid stock level been reduced?

dddc Dec 8, 2018 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by kanderson1965 (Post 30513882)

It may be wrong on the customer service side, however digging a bit deeper you usually find that front line staff are constrained by the wishes of the bean counters. Paying for something is not regarded as a valid reason by said bean counters for providing it.

Yes, I was thinking that this has something to do with the fact that booze opened on the ground has to have duty paid on it while in the air it doesn't. Does make me think of the extra olive being cut from every salad scenario as an example of bean counters out of touch with providing a service.

Hobo1888 Dec 8, 2018 5:24 pm

My last several trips in CW it seems the pour is much less. It is rare the glass is filled up pre-departure but rather has a mere inch or maybe two in it. It seems like this is more about them going through the motions than actually serving a proper glass of champagne.

HIDDY Dec 8, 2018 6:35 pm

You mean to say you couldn't have two glasses of Champagne before you left the flippin' gate?

Ruddy outrageous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sealink Dec 8, 2018 6:40 pm

Never happened to me on BA.