Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

When is lie flat not fully flat (club world seat on ba 28 hkg to lhr)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

Hi.

just in the lhr cx lounge enroute to bcn after ba 28 from hkg

I was in 51a on the a380 and after sleeping for a few hours noted that the seat was not fully reclined even with the button pressed fully ie the back element was maybe 10 degrees above the leg part so it was a little noticeable so I mentioned it to the cabin crew to consider noting it in the log. They offered to move me but I declined .

the more serious point was the footstool kept falling from the flat horizontal to sloping and lower down.

this was the last of a number of minor service deficiencies

skipped for the pre departure drink ( I did ask after they announced boarding was complete and I got one

no bottle of water or amenity kit - I asked and got it after the meal service

I noted the csd asking several people on the cabin prior to the 40min call but I was skipped ( maybe they were prem or ggl)

the food was good though (especially the pancakes)

overall a few minor niggles but was wondering is the seat supposed to be completely horizontal (allowing for the nose up attitude of the aircraft)

there was no fast track security at flight connections at t3 at 520am but was not needed as there was no one there

regards

tbs

​​​
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
A clutch on the club world seats sometimes kicks in as the backrest nears flat position. I think that is what you found. Sit on the headrest and press the recline again and it should go full flat. Annoying.

The footstool dropping fown is due to a worn stopping flange. Only solution is to put something solid under it. A 27cl bottle in a shoe is aboit the right height.... Add magazines as required...!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:18 am

Perhaps carrying a small toolkit could be added the the 'Essential FTers guide to flying BA'.

Alongside carry a couple of days clothing onboard, download the apps for IRROP hotel chains, photograph the contents of your suitcase and other old favourites
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.