Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA206... Delayed incoming and now blown starter motor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA206... Delayed incoming and now blown starter motor

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by ilcannone
Pity that doesn't extend across the whole range of airlines then.
There are other boards where you could post your Yakutsk experience, but let's be honest it isn't relevant here.

As for the thread....surely from the descriptive title it is clear what it's about. No-one is forced to read.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by simons1

There are other boards where you could post your Yakutsk experience, but let's be honest it isn't relevant here.

As for the thread....surely from the descriptive title it is clear what it's about. No-one is forced to read.
Never said anyone is forced to read anything, I asked a question, I got my answers, sorted. Besides, I don't really care enough about why Yakutia delayed my flight by almost 6 hours. I just live with it, accept nothing will be done about/with it and get over it.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Similar situation happened to me on 26 Nov on BA213 (LHR-BOS) on B744 G-BYGE. Late inbound from DXB (due to wx hold and diversion to MCT), then a busted start valve on engine 3. Left LHR 3.5hr late, but magically arrived in BOS only 2hr late. Gotta love those huge block times.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by ilcannone
Never said anyone is forced to read anything,
FT SOP is simply to pass on by, then all those that do have an interest in BAs operational issues are spared having to have to read through off-topic diversions from those that don’t.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gold Digger
Cue: discussion on knackered old 747s that need to be replaced (but I still like them)
What's all this fuss about? BA has already demonstrated that 3 engines are sufficient to make it across the Atlantic.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
What's all this fuss about? BA has already demonstrated that 3 engines are sufficient to make it across the Atlantic.
Are you suggesting that the flight would take off and operate with 3 engines? What if another failed in flight?

And if so why have 4 engined planes?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by simons1
Are you suggesting that the flight would take off and operate with 3 engines? What if another failed in flight?

And if so why have 4 engined planes?
I suspect this was a sarcastic reply based on this incident: BA 747 loses engine on takeoff from LAX, continues to LHR
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Infinite Possibilities

I suspect this was a sarcastic reply based on this incident: BA 747 loses engine on takeoff from LAX, continues to LHR
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
FT SOP is simply to pass on by, then all those that do have an interest in BAs operational issues are spared having to have to read through off-topic diversions from those that don’t.
Again, I made it clear that I asked a question and got my answers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.