Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How do I price return flights with different classes of travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold

Am I missing something obvious? I often need/want to price trips involving (typically) F in one direction and J in another. I cannot see a way to do this either on ba.com or using Matrix, let alone Google. Do I have to get a TA involved or call BA to do this? Or is there something (probably very obvious) I'm missing?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Do you want to select travel classes or specific booking classes on each sector?
If travel classes, select business on ba.com and you should be able to choose business or First as you go through the booking process.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Dec 7, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Travel classes. But I don't remotely see the functionality on ba.com of which you speak, Richard. How would I get one segment in business and another in First?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DominicB
Travel classes. But I don't remotely see the functionality on ba.com of which you speak, Richard. How would I get one segment in business and another in First?
On ba.com: If I select business for the flights as travel class, on the next screen I get prices for business and first, which gives the option to select different segments.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Whereas if you select First to begin with, then Club World won't then show up unless there is no First on the sector concerned. So select your lowest cabin first, or even WTP and work upwards. Won't work in Multi City however, that's one class throughout unless there isn't a cabin available.

If you are still struggling by all means be specific or add screenshots.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Ah - yes - I see this for an ordinary return. Yes - my problem is I'm often looking multi-city. Any tips for when I need to do that?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ah - yes - I see this for an ordinary return. Yes - my problem is I'm often looking multi-city. Any tips for when I need to do that?
Life's too short at that point, arguably it is too short whenever you are clicking Multi City. Use ITA Matrix to work out the approximate fare and then call up to book it.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I often need/want to price trips involving (typically) F in one direction and J in another. I cannot see a way to do this either on ba.com or using Matrix ...
On ITA, try this on the multi-city page:-

LHR
BA
F BC=F|BC=A
JFK

ORD
BA
F BC=J|BC=C|BC=D|BC=R|BC=I
LHR

And put in some dates.

You'll need to activate the advanced controls, and I think it will be fairly obvious where to put the bits in. There is a shortcut for the first cabin and the business cabin, to avoid putting in all of the booking classes; but I'm sorry I can never remember that off the top of my head.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Life's too short at that point, arguably it is too short whenever you are clicking Multi City.
Now now, @corporate-wage-slave - be nice, such talk is anathema to FTers. How else would they get their TP-optimised routes booked without ringing or a third party TA?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:41 pm

I'll cut and paste my post from last week's thread on this...

Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Life's too short at that point, arguably it is too short whenever you are clicking Multi City.
Haha, quite agree, with the only exception being LHR-SIN / overnight / SIN-SYD vv. Life is too short to risk sleepless LHR-SIN-SYD & vv.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Globaliser
On ITA, try this on the multi-city page:-

LHR
BA
F BC=F BC=A
JFK

ORD
BA
F BC=J BC=C BC=D BC=R BC=I
LHR.
I prefer the +cabin extension so I don’t have to type out (and remember) all the fare classes. Especially if looking beyond BA.

+cabin 1 will give you First, 2 for business. Not sure if 3 maps to PE as I think this might be an old option.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by etiene
I prefer the +cabin extension so I don’t have to type out (and remember) all the fare classes. Especially if looking beyond BA.

+cabin 1 will give you First, 2 for business. Not sure if 3 maps to PE as I think this might be an old option.
Thanks - this is the bit I can never remember.
etiene likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Thanks - this is the bit I can never remember.
Just tested it - +cabin 3 certainly seems to be economy. Not sure what the point of that option is unless it overrides the cabin choice - but for mixed economy/PE means you need to know the fare codes.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:16 pm

For simple returns, usually BA.com will offer an up-sell for either direction individually, I think. So as noted above you would certainly start by requesting CW, and then after selecting flights and fares, see what the up-sell for the desired segment in First is.

But if you have a good travel agent in your repertoire, this is the kind of thing that, after I've done some research on prices of each leg in club or first on a roundtrip basis, I'd send it onto them and happily pay their booking fee. And every so often, when I do send it that way, the price they come back with is slightly better anyway, but that's usually intricacies of local taxes, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.