Callous time changes

Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
What people don’t understand is say you have work and can’t finish early and have other plans such as a non refundable hotel you are stuck with the change a refund might not be acceptable. I mean if you had a non refundable non changeable ticket for next August and said to BA oh plans have changed, I need to travel & hours earlier or 4 hours later what do you think they will say.......
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I have nothing to add, other than to observe and appreciate the new adjective.
sahajesh likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Schedule changes happen. Callous doesn't come into it and it's a strange thread to post.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Airlines "callously" remove routes quite often...

As for KRK, LTN-KTW => ground transport, or LHR-WAW-KRK, or one of the LH flights would be an alternative, I'd say?

Originally Posted by fruitcage
On another airline, I just had a 7am flight moved to 2am, with no alternatives possible at all. Now that’s callous!
That's not a callous change, just a callous departure time.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Sealink
Schedule changes happen. Callous doesn't come into it and it's a strange thread to post.
lol. So if if an airline moved your flight forward - on the day of the departure - by 4 hours you'd just shrug and say "schedule changes happen".

Yes they could offer a refund but good luck getting a similarly priced flight home around the original time of departure. I assume BA will be wearing any re-routing/reaccomodation costs if a passenger turned up at the original time, and they'd be liable for compensation.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:59 pm

Had notification a couple of days ago that my flights that I have booked in July to Pula have been retimed.

Outbound departure time changed from 17:05 to 08:00 and return flight changed from a 22:30 arrival at LHR to 13:50.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL
MRS-LHR also moved by 1hr40mins in four months' time.
This was inconvenient for me, due to a 2245 arrival in London. I was expecting to be home and in bed by then
I was able to move to an earlier flight after a rather long phonecall with BA.
The main issue I had with it was no alternative was offered. Simply: 'it's 100mins later now, kthnxbye' via SMS.
​​​​
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:12 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by SW7London
lol. So if if an airline moved your flight forward - on the day of the departure - by 4 hours you'd just shrug and say "schedule changes happen".

Yes they could offer a refund but good luck getting a similarly priced flight home around the original time of departure. I assume BA will be wearing any re-routing/reaccomodation costs if a passenger turned up at the original time, and they'd be liable for compensation.
That’s completely different to being notified 6 months in advance and if it happened I think I’d content myself with the EC261 compensation for the inconvenience.

There’s a reason EC261 is formulated the way it is - it protects passengers from late changes by penalising the airline and ‘rewarding’ the passenger financially, whilst allowing airlines to operate within normal commercial parameters by making changes a long way out.
Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
And this morning it seems we will now be spending nearly 9 hours in the LGW FLounge today, as our departure to CPT (BA2041) is currently showing a delay from 20:00 to 23:41

No idea why, or whether EC261 might apply.

EDIT = Now 02:15 Departure!!

EDIT 2 = New Thread started

Last edited by T8191; Dec 8, 2018 at 4:24 am
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold

The OP schedule change was on the day of departure??!!!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by T8191
And this morning it seems we will now be spending nearly 9 hours in the LGW FLounge today, as our departure to CPT (BA2041) is currently showing a delay from 20:00 to 23:41

Delays to the HEL flight from T3 as well but at least we have plenty of lounges to choose from. CX very busy so currently gin tasting in QF
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:45 am

Duplicate

Last edited by MFCC; Dec 8, 2018 at 3:56 am
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
That’s completely different to being notified 6 months in advance and if it happened I think I’d content myself with the EC261 compensation for the inconvenience.

There’s a reason EC261 is formulated the way it is - it protects passengers from late changes by penalising the airline and ‘rewarding’ the passenger financially, whilst allowing airlines to operate within normal commercial parameters by making changes a long way out.
Unless I'm misreading the post(!) did the OP get notified 6 months in advance?

"just had a time change notification of KRK/LHR on the day I'm due to come home, the flight moving four hours earlier. On a short haul flight served by only one flight a day, that's a hell of a change"

Seems to me it occurred on the day. If it did, my original reply stands - BA should(and would be legally liable for) any costs of rerouting & comp.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Unless I'm misreading the post(!) did the OP get notified 6 months in advance?
I can see your confusion due to the use of the continuing present tense for what is really a future conditional event. But the reference to Summer and the fact that this was the week that BA does its 4 times a year replan, makes me suspect this is many months away. I have had over 30 flight change emails in the last week (and 2 more today), and there are a number of other threads started on the topic. There is, in the Dashboard, a more general thread on Managing Timetable Changes, for those interested.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by T8191

EDIT 2 = New Thread started
Thats good, as I was wondering how many threads this was going to come up in.

Particularly due to EDIT 3 - there is no delay....
DYKWIA likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.