Wiki Posts
Search

Travelling with infant in Club World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Question Travelling with infant in Club World

Mrs nollag and I will be flying in Club on the new Heathrow - Durban route in February with our infant son. I understand this route is operated on a Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner.

We are in seats 6K and J on the way out, and 6A and B on the return. I understand that these seats have a bassinet for infants, so that is fine.

I also understand (from a very old flyertalk post) that two types of bassinets are usually available, but not guaranteed:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13518499-post45.html

Given he will be 14 months old at the time of flying, we will need the britax type seat.

I called BAEC today to see if I can prebook this, particularly as Mrs nollag is pregnant, but they were unable to advise if this was possible.

My question is: do you know how I can prebook a britax seat for the flight? If so, how? BAEC seemed at a complete loss today on the phone

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by nollag
My question is: do you know how I can prebook a britax seat for the flight? If so, how? BAEC seemed at a complete loss today on the phone

Thanks
You cannot pre-book, you just have to mention it to the crew on boarding and then they will distribute them according to demand and need on the day.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
This shouldn’t be a problem as we have plenty of the car seats, it’s the cots that we are sometimes short of.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Also you’ll likely be in Group 1 when it comes to boarding so just ask one of the friendly crew in CW as soon as you board to hold one of the Britax for you and you’ll be fine. Enjoy!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.