FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   I know its a first world problem, but how can I stop this happening? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1944256-i-know-its-first-world-problem-but-how-can-i-stop-happening.html)

antipest Dec 6, 2018 10:02 am

I know its a first world problem, but how can I stop this happening?

Ok, as the title says.... But I am officially annoyed.

I flew back in F from PVG in May and GRU last week and on both occasions they have run out of Grand Siecle rather quickly after take off. I have taken 4 return trips in F this year and they have run out on 2 occasions I make this a 50% failure rate and unacceptable. This is along with no claret and rose fizz.

I am flying back from PVG on New Years eve on a day flight and I would dearly love to enjoy a glass or two with wifey and 2 other friends in the cabin, what worries me is that the people celebrating on the way out will have drunk the 'return flights share'. Would it be worth writing to someone higher up the food chain (Carolina Martinoli)? In the hope that this stops happening or do the knowledgable amongst you think I am wasting paper and ink?

On the ex PVG flight the FSM filled in a complaint form and I get some random reply not answering the complaint. On the latest flight the CSD filled in a report and I received 6500 Avios, but I have heard nothing from CS.

Don't get me wrong, I am not after special favours I just want to try and get what is part of the First offering without being told "sorry its all gone".

Is this a common problem running out of GS or have I just been unlucky?

Thanks.

FlyerTalker39574 Dec 6, 2018 10:12 am

“Sorry it has all gone” saves them money and improves shareholder value. It’s a hard nosed business and it probably won’t change.

Often1 Dec 6, 2018 10:15 am

There is nothing you can do. BA is beyond unlikely to change either the return catering or limit the use of return-catered items on the outbound as this is a problem for all manner of catered items in all classes.

Thus, I would enjoy the trip, not expect anything different than on previous flights and be pleasantly surprised if anything different occurs.

Do not for a minute think that BA has not thought this through. Rather, it has come to the conclusion that its current practice is just fine. For ULH flights, every extra spoon affects the weight - fuel - distance formula.

bermudasun Dec 6, 2018 10:18 am

Originally Posted by antipest (Post 30505513)

On the ex PVG flight the FSM filled in a complaint form and I get some random reply not answering the complaint. On the latest flight the CSD filled in a report and I received 6500 Avios, but I have heard nothing from CS.

You are lucky I had the same issue and got nothing! I do find it very cheap that they do this but its not going to change......

jerry a. laska Dec 6, 2018 10:22 am

I flew back in F from PVG in May and GRU last week and on both occasions they have run out of Grand Siecle rather quickly after take off. I have taken 4 return trips in F this year and they have run out on 2 occasions I make this a 50% failure rate and unacceptable. This is along with no claret and rose fizz.

I am flying back from PVG on New Years eve on a day flight and I would dearly love to enjoy a glass or two with wifey and 2 other friends in the cabin, what worries me is that the people celebrating on the way out will have drunk the 'return flights share'. Would it be worth writing to someone higher up the food chain (Carolina Martinoli)? In the hope that this stops happening or do the knowledgable amongst you think I am wasting paper and ink?

Don't get me wrong, I am not after special favours I just want to try and get what is part of the First offering without being told "sorry its all gone".

Is this a common problem running out of GS or have I just been unlucky?

Thanks.

It seems to be a fairly common complaint.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-outbound.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...e-takeoff.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...tanqueray.html

Can I help you Dec 6, 2018 10:35 am

There is nothing you can do other than not worrying about it.

AndyFlyer Dec 6, 2018 10:43 am

You could always buy a bottle or two at duty free, and if they run out on board, ask the crew to chill your bottles down and serve it just to you. And if they don't run out, you have some fizz for a later date at home! It stops your worrying, no?

OverTheHorizon Dec 6, 2018 10:48 am

Originally Posted by AndyFlyer (Post 30505620)
You could always buy a bottle or two at duty free, and if they run out on board, ask the crew to chill your bottles down and serve it just to you. And if they don't run out, you have some fizz for a later date at home! It stops your worrying, no?

So BOB becomes BYOB .... in F :eek: :eek: :eek: - you really couldn't make it up :(

P.S. appreciate your post is probably tongue in cheek, but still...

ilcannone Dec 6, 2018 11:22 am

*huge facepalm*

muscat Dec 6, 2018 11:26 am

Drink faster, or ask for your first glass to be in a tumbler or coffee mug. (Like the other passengers)

marshy11 Dec 6, 2018 12:24 pm

That last 4 flights in F for me have been a FWPD (First World Problem Disappointment) as far as our choice of "fizz" is concerned.

I live in the Camel Valley and on every single of those F flights we have had a wine menu with Camel Valley Sparkling on. We both love it (it's less than £30) and we both prefer it to LPGS. On all occasions they have only loaded 1 bottle. I think that is very poor. To list a wine on a menu in F and only have 1 bottle isn't F by anyone's standards.

I feel your pain, if not your taste buds.

livebetter_travelmore Dec 6, 2018 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 30505549)
There is nothing you can do.

Vote with your wallet/feet. Fly a different carrier.

mario Dec 6, 2018 12:39 pm

Buy a bottle of LPGS or equivalent at duty free.
If they don't run out, you get to take the bottle home.
If they run out, ask the crew to open your bottle(s).
Send the bill to BA, which I'm sure they'll pay.
if they don't, claim it via Small Claims Court.

​​​​​​

Skipcool3 Dec 6, 2018 12:42 pm

Look for alternatives for the return sector?

simons1 Dec 6, 2018 12:42 pm

Would it be worth writing to someone higher up the food chain (Carolina Martinoli)? In the hope that this stops happening or do the knowledgable amongst you think I am wasting paper and ink?

Good sense of humour I must say....