Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I know its a first world problem, but how can I stop this happening?

I know its a first world problem, but how can I stop this happening?

Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:37 pm

Surely someone higher up the drink chain?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Please email Alex Cruz to request more champagne is loaded for your flight and let us know how you got on.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by jackcarr
Please email Alex Cruz to request more champagne is loaded for your flight and let us know how you got on.
Willie Walsh, surely?

Theresa May is a bit busy,.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Best way to get heard is to fly with someone else.

When I fly east, I actively avoid BA even if it costs me one stop (which btw is double TP).
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
Private jet. Problem solved.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Did they offer another brand of Champagne instead?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Running out shortly after take off? Lucky you. We had our first First from GRU earlier this week and they ran out before we'd left the ground. They offered round the "champagne from business class" after that.

I can't say we were particularly bothered by it though.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Ask them to get a bottle from Y. I have never known wine to run out back there!!!!! 😀
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
It's not just champagne that runs out in BA F - they don't load enough meal choices. If you want to get your first choice meal, pre-order it or you'll run the risk of getting the last-worst meal that no-one else wanted
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Highland Spring water. Much better to keep you hydrated than this French stuff: No spinning head, no head ache the next day.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ antipest

My advice (FWIW !!) revolves around four points :

1. Yes, take a few minutes to write to whomsoever you think might be a relevant sounding board within BA for your feelings and sense of disappointment ; but do so in the full knowledge that you are unlikely to receive anything constructive, reassuring, or useful, by way of response.

2. Look beyond BA - or even beyond OW alliance members, depending on your own needs & priorities - and consider putting some or all of your future custom with another carrier/s ; airlines where a much higher quality of First class travel can be experienced. This applies to both hard & soft product, including overall service standards. A quick trawl through the archives of this BAEC sub-forum and various other fora here on FT, and elsewhere, will give a wider, interesting perspective.

3. Above all, manage your expectations ahead of any premium cabin flight (regardless of airline), and accept that the picture painted in marketing & promotional literature will often be some way removed from reality. The mismatch - and most notably, the level of inconsistency - can be apparent in all carriers, although my personal view is that it is more common with BA than with most airlines I have used (and I have flown with 84, to date)

4. Keep a sense of balance by remembering that virtually any consumer-orientated business can potentially let you down at one point or another. Its then a matter of judging whether paying a higher price will help minimise the chances of such failings being a rare occurrence, in contrast to the 50% risk factor that you mention in the report of your recent BA journeys, and which you (understandably) describe as unacceptable.

Safe travels ..... Bonne chance
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
or do what I do, have a couple pints at the airport, 1 g and T on the plane and then raid the chocolate selection in the galley
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by fotographer
or do what I do, have a couple pints at the airport, 1 g and T on the plane and then raid the chocolate selection in the galley
Whoah !

One G&T, and then raiding the chocolate supplies.

Thats a crazy rockstar life you lead ....... ^
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Completely agree! I flew back from Mexico last week and they didn't have any champagne to offer us. Hard to believe this is acceptable considering the price of the ticket.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load

Whoah !

One G&T, and then raiding the chocolate supplies.

Thats a crazy rockstar life you lead ....... ^
It is but keep in mind the chocolates are for my wife.
Also keep in mind, no matter how much I tell the FA, fill the glass with ice first or bring me a glass of ice, there is never enough ice (I know I am just that way)
subject2load likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.