Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I know its a first world problem, but how can I stop this happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I know its a first world problem, but how can I stop this happening?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I don’t think the OP is being particularly unreasonable being annoyed at the lack of drink choice. If you pay $5k+ for a ticket that markets itself as including champagne, you expect it to be delivered. BA’s penny pinching shouldn’t be excused!
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Perhaps file a complaint with the Advertising Standards Agency? The champagne is mentioned quite prominently on the website description of First.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
One should never forget that those of you on here lucky enough to be able to fly, even once, in a cabin that isn't economy, should consider yourself extremely fortunate. Regardless of advertising or costs or whatever, whinging about something so trivial as so many "premium fliers" do on here just makes you look ungrateful, spoilt, arrogant, and quite frankly, unappreciative of what you have.

Dwell on that while slurping your next glass of bubbly on board.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Jagboi
Perhaps file a complaint with the Advertising Standards Agency? The champagne is mentioned quite prominently on the website description of First.
But they don’t mention LPGS specifically. If another champagne was available on OP’s flight then I don’t think the ASA would be interested.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by ilcannone
One should never forget that those of you on here lucky enough to be able to fly, even once, in a cabin that isn't economy, should consider yourself extremely fortunate. Regardless of advertising or costs or whatever, whinging about something so trivial as so many "premium fliers" do on here just makes you look ungrateful, spoilt, arrogant, and quite frankly, unappreciative of what you have.

Dwell on that while slurping your next glass of bubbly on board.
On that basis if I buy a Range Rover then I should not complain about a fault in the car that affects my enjoyment of the vehicle because others do not have the mindset to drive or afford anything other than an old mini?

If a service is advertised as having benefits then these should be available.

On a recent first flight a passenger from business (I assume) was allowed to dine and drink for two or three hours which at one point resulted in the two friends being given a box of chocolates! It was only after the noise got too bad was a complaint made, and the guest was asked to leave The steward told the complainant that passengers in first class were allowed to invite guests for as long as they like.

Maybe this is a reason why drink runs out?
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:57 am

And maybe a reason why the box of chocolates runs out!

More often than not I haven't been proactively offered any chocolates, and when I ask (as I know to do unlike many I'd imagine) I sometimes get offered fun size minis from the Club kitchen as the F box is either missing or been emptied without ever reaching me.

Seems crazy to me that chocolate is such a scarce thing in F. Carrying a second box wouldn't hurt, surely?
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We carry a box for each sector so there should be enough for everyone to have at least a couple.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Can I help you
We carry a box for each sector so there should be enough for everyone to have at least a couple.
Not when the entire box is given to one passenger and his mate from further back haha. The chap in first had been upgraded as well.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This sort of thing should not happening, the crew should be managing these things better.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

This sort of thing should not happening, the crew should be managing these things better.
Sure, but a bit hard when the crew bring the chocolates to the passenger.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Never had an issue with the chocolates. But I’m also partial to the lemon melts so often ask CC for some which they can get from CW.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Sure, but a bit hard when the crew bring the chocolates to the passenger.
Not really, the crew should remove them after a couple of minutes.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by madfish
Never had an issue with the chocolates. But I’m also partial to the lemon melts so often ask CC for some which they can get from CW.
it has been a while since I've seen the lemon melts, last spotted possibly as far back as Spring. Are they still present in the CK?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They are.
madfish likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

They are.
That's good to hear, thanks

Must have been a case of "you snooze, you lose"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.