Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA removes A class on the BOS and DXB routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA removes A class on the BOS and DXB routes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Rubecula
I am confident that it is still possible to use an upgrade voucher from CW to First when booking with BA. The problem is that availability can only be determined by calling.
... and that availability could be driven by an the existence of AXXXXXX basis tickets for sale. Hence my question.

​​
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mario
... and that availability could be driven by an the existence of AXXXXXX basis tickets for sale.​​
The existence of AXXXXXX fare basis fares doesn't need to have anything to do with this. We know that these fare bases book into F class, and the rule is published (both F and D must be available). BA could have permanently deleted A class on the whole network, for all that it matters. What matters is that F class and D class exist.

This is exactly the same as the I class fares that many of us routinely book that can be booked on flights that are J9 I0. It's because on those flights the existence of or availability in I class is irrelevant. All that matters on those fares is whether there's availability in J class.

On the routes on which A class isn't published, it does seem to be quite opaque at the moment what a GUF booking will book into. I'm not sure (although I haven't been following it closely) whether those who've done it have noticed any pattern. Is BA manually releasing A class? Are GUFs booking into F class? Is availability for a GUF the same as published availability in F class (ie will F1 prevent using a GUF2 for two people, and do you need F2 for that)? Do you also need D class to be available? We don't know any of these things and I suspect there are quite a lot of people who would be interested.

But I do wonder whether focusing on AXXXXXX fare bases is a red herring for this question. It may very well be the case that you can book an AXXXXXX fare basis even though you can't book a GUF, and vice versa.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Additional price point extended

BA Travel Trade reporting:

Following the longhaul additional price points trial on Boston and Dubai, we will be rolling out more routes in October.

The following routes will have additional price points in World Traveller and Club World:

1. NAS-GCM, PUJ, SJO
  2. LIM, EZE, GIG
  3. HYD, BLR, MAA, ISB, BKK, MRU
The additional price points are available in selected World Traveller and Club World classes and will be controlled dynamically. The price points are available on point to point fares, primarily aimed at leisure travellers, so may typically have minimum stay rules.
Calchas likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Excuse me for digging up a tad old thread but wanted to report that it is definitely still possible to GUF LHR-DXB into F but it did require the use of a Joker. I called the GGL line on Sat to book HEL-LHR-DXB return with Avios+GUF1+Joker. The lady said they have to request the space from revenue management in Dubai. On Sunday evening I could see the flights were on hold on my account and called today to finalise the booking.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
A class is now showing on both DXB and BOS routes, at least when I was looking for March in EF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.