Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO - Best Emerald Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks TBS, didn't clock that! But maybe go 1st and then on to the BA lounge!
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
On recent SFO JFK we found the refurbished Admirals Club to be perfectly acceptable - it’s not a Flagship Lounge but one of the better Admirals Clubs we’ve visited. Unless I’m the same terminal (eg CX/QF lounges vs BA/AA at LHR T3) not sure I’d bother traipsing to another terminal. Although we had a 6am flight and kids in tow so YMMV! Have a great trip
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:59 am

BA lounge much better now post refurb. AA lounge in T1 is nice but the food is meh and drinks are mostly paid.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Visited the Alaska airline lounge in T2 this morning, shockingly badly doesn’t come close. The place was filthy, stains all over the couches / arm chairs (word of advice to a lounge designer, go with dark colours to hide stains!) tables not wiped down, food plates from last night by the food counter, definitely not one to go out of your way to visit!

Pilot37
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Visited the Alaska airline lounge in T2 this morning, shockingly badly doesn’t come close. The place was filthy, stains all over the couches / arm chairs (word of advice to a lounge designer, go with dark colours to hide stains!) tables not wiped down, food plates from last night by the food counter, definitely not one to go out of your way to visit!

Pilot37
wow that’s actually unusual. I’ve been there a lot this year and always found it clean and comfortable. But with the summer loads I have seen the staff working like heck to keep up. Last week FL in DFW they were a bit behind. Plenty of staff all working hard. Just a ton of folks leaving plates glasses everywhere.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Thanks very much for all the helpful responses! I'll stick with the Admirals Club in T1.

As an aside, in all my times flying from SFO to LHR I never made it to the BA Lounge. When I was a lowly Silver, I would always be handed a voucher as the BA lounge was full and once the Cathay Pacific lounge opened, that was the one for me. Ah, the good old times!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I think someone said CX was average. Really? I know it's closed now, but pre-COVID, it at least has a noodle bar, right?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by olouie
BA lounge much better now post refurb. AA lounge in T1 is nice but the food is meh and drinks are mostly paid.
How about the size of lounge? I took a BA F flight from SFO some years ago, the lounge was extremely small and I had to wait for a seat.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by lsquare
I think someone said CX was average. Really? I know it's closed now, but pre-COVID, it at least has a noodle bar, right?
I really liked the space, it was quite big and always empty (full disclaimer, we're going back to 2018!) and yes, they did have a noodle bar! I know there was some hoohaa for a while when they wouldn't let BA passengers order noodles as BA hadn't paid for the service, but I didn't experience that. It would be nice if they opened it again.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer
I really liked the space, it was quite big and always empty (full disclaimer, we're going back to 2018!) and yes, they did have a noodle bar! I know there was some hoohaa for a while when they wouldn't let BA passengers order noodles as BA hadn't paid for the service, but I didn't experience that. It would be nice if they opened it again.
For real? That's kind of odd that they won't let BAEC elites order noodles. Besides, how would they know which FF program you're inside?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Dark Blue
How about the size of lounge? I took a BA F flight from SFO some years ago, the lounge was extremely small and I had to wait for a seat.
Its better designed now so seating is usually not a terrible issue. There is a separate sit down dining for F that seems to be closed a lot (not sure if it has fully reopened yet) that takes up a decent amount of space.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by olouie
Its better designed now so seating is usually not a terrible issue. There is a separate sit down dining for F that seems to be closed a lot (not sure if it has fully reopened yet) that takes up a decent amount of space.
Glad to hear. I normally avoid SFO for that reason, LAX is much better (I like the Qantas FL). I'll give it a try next time.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Dark Blue
Glad to hear. I normally avoid SFO for that reason, LAX is much better (I like the Qantas FL). I'll give it a try next time.
Yeah its worlds better than pre-remodel. Qantas FL at LAX just reopened as well so thats lucky.
Dark Blue likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
2 weeks time we are flying BA284 SFO-LHR. Just trying to get my head around this. If the BA lounge doesn't have a good reputation, what are the options for us?
That post deriding the BA SFO lounge up there ^^ is from 2018, before the BA lounge was refurbished. This is a video of the current lounge offering.

LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Today it is completely packed and hard to find a place to sit. At least we did not have to actually wait for a seat like FT'ers above but we got the last two decent ones. Minimal staffing compared to pre-COVID days and no dedicated lounge for Emerald / F, only a dining room that is FIRST ONLY, no Emerald. And it's closed when they are running the non F flights.

Last edited by goldengate; Oct 3, 2022 at 4:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.