Open Jaw Avios Redemptions

Old Mar 24, 19, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
A note regarding the tax & surcharges (cash portion) I paid through BAís website was approx. £254 (PE-> CW). BA agent on the phone confirmed me if I change the booking, I will have to pay approx £650 (£400 difference). Thatís a big difference that I am not able to understand how they recalculated.
Old Mar 24, 19, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by roy2016 View Post
A note regarding the tax & surcharges (cash portion) I paid through BAís website was approx. £254 (PE-> CW). BA agent on the phone confirmed me if I change the booking, I will have to pay approx £650 (£400 difference). Thatís a big difference that I am not able to understand how they recalculated.
you are presumably also paying the change fee which applies for the underlying WTP fare?
Old Mar 24, 19, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted
Old Mar 24, 19, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post

you are presumably also paying the change fee which applies for the underlying WTP fare?
no change fee applicable for GGL I think, as I used avios for PE and upgrade with GUF1 to CW.
Old Mar 24, 19, 7:03 pm

My guess is that I was charged for only PE tax and surcharges £254, and in reality I should be charged for CW £650. Maybe I can verify via ITAMATRIX to find out the actual difference.
I think my point is I booked this tkt online with avios and guf1 at the same time, thatís why it was miscalculated. And if you book a return HKG-LHR-LHR with avios and guf1/2, the tax & surcharges would be less than the actual amount an BA agent would tell you over the phone.

Last edited by roy2016; Mar 24, 19 at 7:09 pm Reason: Extra info
Old Mar 24, 19, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WTP taxes/fees/charges for HKG-LHR-HKG is about £250. In CW it is about the same (HKD 2606).
Old Mar 24, 19, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
WTP taxes/fees/charges for HKG-LHR-HKG is about £250. In CW it is about the same (HKD 2606).
many thanks! I didnít expect/know HKD 2606 is for a CW redemption. I always thought LHR is very high in APD along with BAís surcharges.