Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA-175 LHR-JFK-changed from 747 to 777 (may 19)

BA-175 LHR-JFK-changed from 747 to 777 (may 19)

Old Dec 5, 18, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, HHonors
Exclamation BA-175 LHR-JFK-changed from 747 to 777 (may 19)

I received an email this morning notifying me of a change to my seat reservation, upon checking MMB it appears the 747 has changed to a 777 (200-ER I think judging by WT+ seat map). Flight is early May next year so seems to be a change planned well in advance. might be worth a check if anyone has a booking. It would be nice if it changed back but we'll see....
Glad to see the email notification appears to be doing its job
Old Dec 5, 18, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Summer schedule shifting - I’ve had a few 5/10/15 minute change notifications
Old Dec 5, 18, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Iíve also had a LHR-JFK 747 to 777 change notified today for a flight in April. Iíve also had an LHR-GVA flight retimed to 50 minutes later.

747 UD to 777 is obviously a blow but the days of me getting upset by things like this are in the past. As long as I get there safely and the service is decent Iíll be happy.
LBA_flyer and BertieBadger like this.
Old Dec 5, 18, 11:41 am
Original Poster

I assumed that might be it. I'm in WT+ but prices have gone through the roof in Y, family members got a roundtrip for just over £300.00 and now the same flights are around £1200.00, supply and demand I assume.
Old Dec 5, 18, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Got the same this morning for a June flight (747 UD to 77F). As BerksFlyer says its a blow, but seems hardly unexpected on this route and I'm sure we'll survive the "dorm" if it doesn't change back. I did have the entire cabin to choose from at least (other than bassinet)
Old Dec 5, 18, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Had this too.

July 747 to 777. Was really looking forward to the Upper Deck on the 747 as I've never flow that before!

Any idea whether they would allow me to change to the earlier day flight on 747?

Also had an aircraft change to Geneva email. From A320 to A321. Hopefully the new ones!
Old Dec 5, 18, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eugegall View Post
Any idea whether they would allow me to change to the earlier day flight on 747?
Fully sympathise, I try and avoid 777s in any cabin. However the answer is no, not free of charge.
Markie and eugegall like this.
Old Dec 5, 18, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post

Fully sympathise, I try and avoid 777s in any cabin. However the answer is no, not free of charge.
What a shame but thanks for your reply.

Is there any difference in Gatwick and Heathrow fleets? I understand the Gatwick 777's have old IFE and so on!
Old Dec 5, 18, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Whilst I would much prefer the 747, I’m just glad they didn’t shift the time of departure (yet) as I’m connecting from MAN and only have 90 minutes at T5. I’m sure that’s ok for the regulars but I wouldn’t like the connection to be any shorter.
Old Dec 5, 18, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL+CCR, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
IAH-LHR on a 777 has turned into a 747 and upper deck. Will be my Mum's first long-haul business class, too. She may have high expectations after this!
Old Dec 5, 18, 2:37 pm

Had this too.

July 747 to 777. Was really looking forward to the Upper Deck on the 747 as I've never flow that before!
Sorry - I think it's come my way instead, as the 777 has been replaced by the 744 on the morning flight to IAH...
Old Dec 5, 18, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by LBA_flyer View Post
Whilst I would much prefer the 747, Iím just glad they didnít shift the time of departure (yet) as Iím connecting from MAN and only have 90 minutes at T5. Iím sure thatís ok for the regulars but I wouldnít like the connection to be any shorter.
If they change the timings of your flight, you should be able to rebook on a later JFK service no problem. Especially if connection is short but any change is normally possible. Just ring up and say the change is a nuisance/inconvinoent and you want a later flight with more connection time. You might get a 747 that way anyway. Always worth a a try. You could try the same because of a equipment swap and ask to change to the later 747 but I donít believe they have to for just an equipment swap from 777 to 747 as technically the same product and not a ďdowngradeĒ.
Old Dec 5, 18, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
What a shame but thanks for your reply.

Is there any difference in Gatwick and Heathrow fleets? I understand the Gatwick 777's have old IFE and so on!
A significant proportion of the Gatwick fleet are now 10-seats across in World Traveller, but gained new IFE in the process. The ones that havenít been changed yet have the old IFE.
Old Dec 5, 18, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by lcylocal View Post

A significant proportion of the Gatwick fleet are now 10-seats across in World Traveller, but gained new IFE in the process. The ones that havenít been changed yet have the old IFE.
What about the Heathrow fleet? Sorry should have said but I'm flying ClubWorld.
Old Dec 5, 18, 3:02 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Another one here - 747 to 777, JFK-LHR in August -

Search this Thread