Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays - Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Only Gold can select row 1 on short haul earlier than T-72hrs. Inside that, Silver can too.
Everytine I have been told that the airport has held back the seats, are the just too shy to tell me the real reason!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

According to BA.com I should be able to book the front (exit) row?
  • free seat selection on British Airways flights from the time of booking for everyone on your booking* (excluding exit row seats on long haul flights)

Last edited by RockyRobin; Dec 11, 2018 at 3:44 pm
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
According to BA.com I should be able to book the front (exit) row?
There are some seats that are Gold-only. 1A and 1K on a 747 is perhaps the highest-profile example (given that some couples like this pair but sometimes cannot get them if they are not both Gold). Row 1 on short-hauls is another example.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
There are some seats that are Gold-only. 1A and 1K on a 747 is perhaps the highest-profile example (given that some couples like this pair but sometimes cannot get them if they are not both Gold). Row 1 on short-hauls is another example.
I take it this is buried in some terms somewhere because of hat isn't the marketed position on the website.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
I take it this is buried in some terms somewhere because of hat isn't the marketed position on the website.
It is quite clear if you look at the Gold benefits - although yes it could be clearer.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thebigben
It is quite clear if you look at the Gold benefits - although yes it could be clearer.
Wellquite especially when combined with the different stories you are told when you enquire. After all; on the way up why would you have read the detail of the next level closely.

It really shouldn't be this difficult or are they purposefully obtuse? It can be the only explanation?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thebigben
No I man the exception within the Silver benefits that is misled in the highlighted text. Of course it will be highlighted in the Gold as it is a positive :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.