Community
Wiki Posts
Search

48 in CE - good idea?!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Just got off of the LHR HEL flight in full (48) CE cabin. Kelly (CSM) and her crew did a fantastic job, especially as she wasn’t due to be on this flight! Brilliant crew, plenty of fizz and pretty good food even though they did run out of Glenlivet 👎

Definitely worth a Thank You on BA.com
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
BA906 (LHR-FRA) was 11 rows of CE this morning, along with a fairly speedy 1:07 flight time. I was (happily) ensconced in 1A, but even then didn’t receive a meal until 35 mins into the flight. Unsurprisingly, the unfortunate folks in row 11 didn’t get any food until the 10 mins to landing announcement - hardly a premium experience for them!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by chris87
BA906 (LHR-FRA) was 11 rows of CE this morning, along with a fairly speedy 1:07 flight ................. Unsurprisingly, the unfortunate folks in row 11 didn’t get any food until the 10 mins to landing announcement - hardly a premium experience for them!

This is why it can be a good idea to take your own food on s/hauls : you get to eat when you want.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Out of curiosity, what's the timing with special meals? A row 11 person will receive it at the same time the other row 11 passenger, or before?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Lefly
Out of curiosity, what's the timing with special meals? A row 11 person will receive it at the same time the other row 11 passenger, or before?
SPML usually come out first
Lefly likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
We had 10 rows on MAN-LHR yesterday on a rammed densified A321. 4 crew serving CE and they managed very efficiently. I was really impressed!
There were 6 rows on my LHR-MAN flight a couple of week back. I was in row 6. It was quite bumpy due to the winds at LHR, so I was actually not expecting any service.

They got to me just as the captain was doing his 10 minutes to landing announcement (we held for a bit, so it was more like 20 minutes in the end).

I asked for a wine, which the stewardess put in a plastic cup. I just had my first sip and she tapped me on the shoulder and gave me another bottle Even I couldn't get through 2 mini bottles in that time.

God knows how people managed to eat their meal!
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:13 pm

Booked LHR-TLL for 1st of March in ET and seats up to row 14 show as blocked. Was there a CE sale I missed?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Had a ARN-LHR with 13 rows of CE (52) - seemed to be cruise ship related.... . A number of pax hadn't got their meals before landing.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by flyslow
Booked LHR-TLL for 1st of March in ET and seats up to row 14 show as blocked. Was there a CE sale I missed?
An impressive 10 row Club cabin! Regular Club prices have been £230 (non-sale).
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:50 am

Another take on this in one of the blogs including an interesting timeline.

https://www.turningleftforless.com/i...europe-review/
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by simons1
Another take on this in one of the blogs including an interesting timeline.

https://www.turningleftforless.com/i...europe-review/
Good article that
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
An interesting alternative view, flying back from HEL on Finnair on Boxing Day night.

A full aircraft (A320), but only one row of business. Either Finnair don't go in for cheap upgrades or they decided to sell out the flight with Economy pax.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Well I guess if you don't like 48 in CE and sub £300 fares, pick the Finnair flights?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
A good article with the detailed timeline, but the suggested solutions have not been thought through. It is easy to suggest that more cabin crew should work in CE on flights with such high loads, but how are such low fares supposed to pay their wages? Moreover, I don’t even think that there is space on single aisle aircraft for them to work. I flew from KBP a week ago n CE (10 rows in total) and was wondering what would the additional cabin crew do there. There were 3 working in CE, the CSM was not ‘hiding’ in the galley but rather plating meals and preparing drinks, while the other two were running back and forth delivering the service.
The solution is simply to restrict the number of rows and raise fares; however, since passsengers keep coming back we can figure out where their preferences lie.
Also, AY does not use A350 on that route - it is A330 now, and it is only one flight a day.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Yachtman
When CE is so popular it does make me question whether there is a business case for a real premium short/mid haul business/first class product like elsewhere in the world. I.e the big recliner seats etc. I can see the bean counters reason for not when enough people are silly enough to pay for CE.
I think a tiny F section at the front (even one row with 4 big recliner seats) would do well. I know the current method is great for flexibility, but how often is the front row designated economy anyway?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.