Search

48 in CE - good idea?!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GGL/CCR
48 in CE - good idea?!

So I'm curious....

Peoples experiences and opinions? - I have just done it back from HEL and will be documenting it all soon but keen to hear other peoples stories.

We had 2 lovely FA's and a CSM that clearly didn't want to leave the Galley. Food choices ran out, glasses ran out, services was very slow....etc etc.
One of the FAs said they should have had 3 for a cabin that size but they didn't? And what is the service protocol now in CE? Row by row or should status count?

Last edited by teledude; Dec 2, 2018 at 12:57 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:58 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by teledude
So I'm curious....

People experiences and opinions? - I have just done it back from HEL and will be documenting it all soon but keen to hear other peoples stories.

We had 2 lovely FA's and a CSM that clearly didn't want to leave the Galley. Food choices ran out, glasses ran out, services was very slow....etc etc.
One of the FAs said they should have had 3 for a cabin that size but they didn't? And what is the service protocol now in CE? Row by row or should status count?
You had two and a CSM - that's three isn't it? I imagine that the CSM was trying to prep everything in the Galley?
cwagsg likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
You had two and a CSM - that's three isn't it? I imagine that the CSM was trying to prep everything in the Galley?
He was very good at loading and unloading the oven. Apart from that he was doing nothing apart from very visibly watching the service.
Oh tell a lie....he called the ET crew to get a supply of plastic glasses.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:12 pm

He was very good at loading and unloading the oven. Apart from that he was doing nothing apart from very visibly watching the service.
Oh tell a lie....he called the ET crew to get a supply of plastic glasses.
I hear that the passengers on this flight were extra demanding, out of norm, hence the service suffered accordingly 😉
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
And what is the service protocol now in CE? Row by row or should status count?
Row by row....can you imagine how much slower everything would have been if they'd dotted all over the cabin going Gold to Silver etc.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shefgab
Row by row....can you imagine how much slower everything would have been if they'd dotted all over the cabin going Gold to Silver etc.
AA generally manage it well - but they limit domestic F cabin sizes to what they can cope with.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Sounds like you are very interested in other people’s opinions.
BingBongBoy and mpkz like this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
I have been on a number of CE flights this year that have not been done row by row. Last was R1 - R2 - R5 - half R6 - R4 - other R6 - lastly R3. And it was on the short ABZ-LHR
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jday
Yes I am. I feel 48 CE seats is a disaster but keen to hear others views.
Tottie66 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by jday
thats the whole point of a forum discussion is it not?!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Yes I am. I feel 48 CE seats is a disaster but keen to hear others views.
Aha! Was that you who took your tray back to the galley to complain? I was sitting in 2D, and for what it's worth, thought the service was ok. Food tray delivery was a bit off (no menus, they forgot the bread for 1D/F, they left the plastic covers on the starter, cheese and dessert), but in terms of drinks and top-ups, I quickly got what I wanted without even using the call bell.

I think a lot is down to where you're sitting - if you're in the aisle near the front, you can easily grab them just before they pop behind the curtain.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Get Elena and Alma back, they'd manage it no sweat.
teledude, msm2000uk and Cheny like this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deltus
Aha! Was that you who took your tray back to the galley to complain? I was sitting in 2D, and for what it's worth, thought the service was ok. Food tray delivery was a bit off (no menus, they forgot the bread for 1D/F, they left the plastic covers on the starter, cheese and dessert), but in terms of drinks and top-ups, I quickly got what I wanted without even using the call bell.

I think a lot is down to where you're sitting - if you're in the aisle near the front, you can easily grab them just before they pop behind the curtain.
Didn't take anything back and was in 11F And yes agree about seating.... but should that be right? I booked months ago and couldn't get near the front
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Akoz
I have been on a number of CE flights this year that have not been done row by row. Last was R1 - R2 - R5 - half R6 - R4 - other R6 - lastly R3. And it was on the short ABZ-LHR
That is not the service standard. Service should be front to back. If the crew want to ask Mr/Mrs Gold in 10D if they want the fish or the chicken so they have a choice, they can, but everyone should be served in row order.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

That is not the service standard. Service should be front to back. If the crew want to ask Mr/Mrs Gold in 10D if they want the fish or the chicken so they have a choice, they can, but everyone should be served in row order.
Is that BA protocol or your opinion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.