Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA wants to move to T5 LHR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2021, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Yes, however, be aware that the flight of your first airline might not thru check bags or not let you onboard if you are not meeting the entry conditions for the UK ( arriving from a red-list country, requiring a visa, etc... )
Old Mar 9, 2021, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Oh that’s weird!

Is it intentional that they’re all grouped on stands next to each other and not spread around T5B?

I hope this isn’t a permanent move as I want all my BA flights to be from T5 and not shifted somewhere else.
Interesting point, when T3 does reopen for how long can other OW carriers and BA operate exclusively from T5? Would the newly added IW carriers be first to move out, would think BA would want split terminal ops unless they have to
Old Mar 9, 2021, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, however, be aware that the flight of your first airline might not thru check bags or not let you onboard if you are not meeting the entry conditions for the UK ( arriving from a red-list country, requiring a visa, etc... )
If your first airline is BA (likely if into T5), they will permit boarding if you can demonstrate that you qualify for airside transit. Correct about bags though, this would be a problem if checking them in on separate tickets.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Speedbirdsouth
Interesting point, when T3 does reopen for how long can other OW carriers and BA operate exclusively from T5? Would the newly added IW carriers be first to move out, would think BA would want split terminal ops unless they have to
This comes up a lot and I still don’t get why it’s so hard to understand. There are many flights on non-BA carriers that convey more of their transit passengers than many of their own flights. It makes total sense for them to want these to be in the same place, both for commercial reasons (shorter MCT making for more attractive itineraries) and for customer convenience. This particularly applies to AA, which is considered at least in London to be one single joint airline with BA, under the JB umbrella.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Confus
This comes up a lot and I still don’t get why it’s so hard to understand. There are many flights on non-BA carriers that convey more of their transit passengers than many of their own flights. It makes total sense for them to want these to be in the same place, both for commercial reasons (shorter MCT making for more attractive itineraries) and for customer convenience. This particularly applies to AA, which is considered at least in London to be one single joint airline with BA, under the JB umbrella.

fair point, hadn’t seen it that way
Old Mar 10, 2021, 12:02 pm

Being reported on Twitter (I know..) that T3 will reopen for S21 with AA (amongst others) moving back
skipness1E and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Heathrow’s website is now indicating AA and JL departing flights will return to T3 with QR back at T4 on Monday 9 August.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Prospero
Heathrow’s website is now indicating AA and JL departing flights will return to T3 with QR back at T4 on Monday 9 August.
I don't think too much can be read into that yet. I did a search in August and all the airlines seemed to be back in their proper homes e.g. KLM in T4, BA's PRG flights in T3, etc. The only way I can see this happening is if the government scraps or cuts back the red list
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:34 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Yes, that was my initial reaction but Heathrow has officially announced a phased return of services from T3

Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by layz
I don't think too much can be read into that yet. I did a search in August and all the airlines seemed to be back in their proper homes e.g. KLM in T4, BA's PRG flights in T3, etc. The only way I can see this happening is if the government scraps or cuts back the red list
Heathrow said officially yesterday that T4 was unlikely to reopen as a normal terminal before the end of 2021.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
From Prospero ’s linked source is the following:
[QUOTE]From 15 July 2021, all flights operated by Virgin Atlantic and Delta Air Lines will re-locate from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3. Other airlines will return to Terminal 3 over a phased period of time, dates for which will be communicated beforehand. Terminal 4 will continue to be used as a red list arrivals facility.[/QUOTE]
Which makes sense given Virgin’s dedicated check-in area and Clubhouse.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 1:39 am

As much as some of my worst LHR experiences happened in T3 (including raw sewage raining on us, getting face to face with the largest rat I've seen, and more) I kind of miss flying out of it. it's a slow return to normal.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
fingers crossed AA does not make that "slow return" to t3
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by VSLover
fingers crossed AA does not make that "slow return" to t3
someone who does not appreciate CX or QF lounges before their AA TATL flight (noodle bar, restaurant quality food, gin bar, not feeling like you are on a cheap cruise that you get in BA J or F lounges)?
Or someone whose name suggests they fly VS and don't want OW pax clogging their terminal?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:26 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Dont assume the lounges will open on the same date. These are unprecedented times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.